• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

territorial markings......

bunnylove

Wise Old Thumper
kymber is driving me mad he is messing all around valentine's cage, and he has started peeing round it too.

but when i got up this morning he had messed in my sons bedroom, i am assumming this is territorial because he is normally very clean.

How long will this last???

thanks

:lol: Mine are still marking more than 3 months after I got the new bunny! I have put plastic matting down everywhere they mess and banned them from my sons room!!!

It has decreased slightly though, they've stopped spraying and are just pooping everywhere now!!!

Eve you could try a drop of tea tree oil in a plastic flower sprayer/ mister, and spray where the bunny is marking (but move the bunny out of the way first so the oil is not inhaled directly)...this way you are competing with the marking that is being done with the droppings and urine, and eventually the bunny will give up (if you persist)
Dont spray the areas where you WANT the bunny to toilet, just those that you dont.
Keep removing the droppings and have a squirt yourself: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: shock: (with tea tree :roll: :lol: )

hope this helps, best of luck

yeah this territory thing it s a pain isn't it, you would think they know you love them and that it is their home and wouldn't need to keep ensuring that their home IS their home :roll:

lets hope Kymber stops this soon ay Eve, how is the bonding going?

Adele said:
Keep removing the droppings and have a squirt yourself: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: shock: (with tea tree :roll: :lol: )

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Eve, glad to hear someone else is suffering the joys of rabbit pee-fest!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh Romy you have it too, gosh I am so glad I don't although I will have it to come when Flash gets a girlfriend :roll:

BirdieBun said:
yeah this territory thing it s a pain isn't it, you would think they know you love them and that it is their home and wouldn't need to keep ensuring that their home IS their home :roll:

lets hope Kymber stops this soon ay Eve, how is the bonding going?

havent tried the second bonding section, later tonight, will let you now how they get on

thanks eve x

BirdieBun said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh Romy you have it too, gosh I am so glad I don't although I will have it to come when Flash gets a girlfriend :roll:

Me too. Charlie is doing fine but new bunny is 'leaking'. She doe smost of her wee in the litter tray but when she's out she does little spots here and there - I am assuming its for scent marking. She stinks! 3 weeks til she gets spayed - hooray! Then bonding. Our flat has turned into a complete shambles!

oh god well i went into our flat this morning and it reeked i tempted fate yesterday. it is those horrible poos beginning with C so I am going to take his dried food away and give him a solely hay diet - poor little bunny but apparently it is the healthy option :?

BirdieBun said:
oh god well i went into our flat this morning and it reeked i tempted fate yesterday. it is those horrible poos beginning with C so I am going to take his dried food away and give him a solely hay diet - poor little bunny but apparently it is the healthy option :?

hi birdie bun maybe just reduce the amount before you take them away completely.

eve x

BirdieBun said:
really? so I need to just give him a little dried food then? or just a bit of SS?

my boy suffered from to much caeph but i normally means they are filling up on everything else and dont want to eat it, so what i did was experiement to see how much he can take.

i have now found if i give a dessert spoonful of ss once a day he doesnt get no caeph, so reduce the amount of pellets you are giving ever three days until he stopps producing caeph.

eve x

well i only give him abot 10 SS pellets per day in with his mix, his mix is what he has been fed on since he was a baby but it is quite a moist mix

BirdieBun said:
well i only give him abot 10 SS pellets per day in with his mix, his mix is what he has been fed on since he was a baby but it is quite a moist mix

whats the mix? maybe you should take this away, and then you maybe be able to increase the ss

it is called Sweet Meadow mix - I think it is a unique make of food used at my local farm..............right so just some SS everyday and mainly hay

BirdieBun said:
it is called Sweet Meadow mix - I think it is a unique make of food used at my local farm..............right so just some SS everyday and mainly hay

i would take this mix away!!! maybe slowly but take it away and when you have see how he goes if there is no caeph increase the ss, aim for 50g of ss a day but if they come back start to reduce the ss. but get rid of the mix!

Back