• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Why have 1 poorly bun on Xmas eve when you can have 3? :(

nap91

Mama Doe
Just got back from the vets, luckily we managed to be seen before they closed for Christmas. All 3 not eating properly, hiding and just generally not themselves.
I don't know what's happened, nothing has changed at home.
Only thing that's been different is B&W had their vaccines on Monday but that was 4 days ago and Phillip didn't have his :/

No obvious cause that the vet could see so they're on Emeprid, pain relief and recovery food. Britney was very stressed at the vet and jumped onto the vet's head so now it's trying to find the balance between feeding her but also not stressing her out more than is needed :(

Glad they got seen at vet, yet such a worry. Perhaps stress from monday's trip to vet has their tummies off, or weather change? Sending vibes for you all.

I'm really sorry all 3 are ill. I once had J&B get sick with same symptoms but Mouse was fine (they were all together back then)
Lots of get well soon wishes for everybun

Really sorry that all three are off their food and hope that they are all munching again soon. I agree could have been the vet visit that caused stress, but would have loved to see vets face when Britney jumped on their head, bless her. Sending them all loads of vibes xx

Thanks everyone :love:

I agree could have been the vet visit that caused stress, but would have loved to see vets face when Britney jumped on their head, bless her.

I think it really frightened her :lol: It completely messed up her hair and the vet nurse said "That's a new one on me!" :lol:

Blimey they do pick the best times don't they? At least if it is all three then it's maybe something external like stress, something they've all eaten etc rather than a tooth crisis. I'm thinking maybe it's something that has come and gone, or will go away, rather than something that needs anaesthetics etc to deal with.
Hope they are all eating properly again soon though!

Oh, no, how unlucky, poor bunnies. :( I hope the meds and the recovery food will soon have them back to normal, and that you can keep things as stress-free as realistically possible for Britney. Sending the three of them lots and lots of vibes.

Sending loads of vibes for your 3 poorly bunnies. I hope they are all better soon.

Oh gosh :( it's always at the worst possible time isn't it! Mine always pick weekends! Sending so many vibes xx

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Oh no terrible timing. Sending vibes for a quick munchy recovery!

Maybe they've all been scared by something?

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone! They really do pick the worst times, don't they?

Phillip has thankfully resumed eating almost normally. Whitney has just passed a huge ceco clump, has begun to willingly eat the recovery food and is nibbling hay and herbs when she thinks I'm not looking.

Just Britney to go :roll:

Touch wood but the girls are so far eating on their own this morning! Phillip is a little subdued again, although still eating, I am wondering if his teeth or arthritis is playing up at the moment. Have given him the max dose of pain relief he’s allowed and hope he continues to eat [emoji1696]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Touch wood but the girls are so far eating on their own this morning! Phillip is a little subdued again, although still eating, I am wondering if his teeth or arthritis is playing up at the moment. Have given him the max dose of pain relief he’s allowed and hope he continues to eat [emoji1696]

Aww this is good news, glad they are all eating now, sending more vibes along for them xx

Well I clearly spoke too soon as they are all refusing food again! Don’t know what is up with them at all :sad:

Aw nooo, come on bunnies :( It's windy here, gusting down chimneys and around windows, is it where you are? That might not have been a starter cause but might have 'continued' it :( Best wishes to you all xxxxxx

Back