• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Why have 1 poorly bun on Xmas eve when you can have 3? :(

Brave boy Philip, hope his sore mouth feels better soon. Yes wouldn't surprise me if the girls àre picking up on him feeling out of sorts, hope they are all munching normally again soon xx

e20709a82d9f7b02c4edb7435066ebca.jpg

For the first time in days, they’ve all just eaten some herbs as soon as I put them down.
Their appetites aren’t fully back to normal capacity yet but it’s a pleasing step forwards. Phillip has spent the entire evening cuddled up to them. I really think him being ill was making them ill too, which is sad and lovely all at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a good, brave boy Philip was to tolerate well without ga. Glad he and the girls are eating better. Sending vibes for all.

Aww, well done, bunnies, eating some herbs right away. :love: I'm glad there's been some improvement. The girls must really care about Phillip if his not eating made them ill, too. Sending them all many more vibes for their continued recovery. :love:

You just can’t make this up, Whitney’s got spurs on her teeth too!! She’s in tomorrow for a dental and Britney’s going with her for support and a double check of her teeth. What a week :sad:

You just can’t make this up, Whitney’s got spurs on her teeth too!! She’s in tomorrow for a dental and Britney’s going with her for support and a double check of her teeth. What a week :sad:

Oh no, really sorry to hear this, glad she's in tomorrow though, get it sorted. Sending lots of vibes for all three of them xx

Oh gosh! Christmas spurs :( Have the girls had dental issues previously? I hope that Whitney's dental is the final part in their recovery.

Oh, no, how unlucky, poor Whitney. :( I'm glad she can have a dental today, and I hope everything will go well for her and that she'll feel better soon after. I'm glad Britney will keep her company, and, yeah, best to double check her teeth, too! Sending them all lots more vibes. I'm sorry you've all been having such a bad week. :(

Thanks everyone. Britney’s just been checked and luckily doesn’t have any spurs or tongue damage at the moment. The vet said the teeth look slightly raised though so we will keep an eye on it in case of potential future spurs.

Oh gosh! Christmas spurs :( Have the girls had dental issues previously? I hope that Whitney's dental is the final part in their recovery.

No none at all! She’s such a good hay eater too, although I know that doesn’t necessarily stop them. Two rabbits with spurs in the same (Christmas) week though with no prior warning, who’d have thought it :lol:

Topping up the vibes for your bunnies - it's stresfull enough over xmas without the bunnies wanting to keep you on your toes.xx

Back