• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Why have 1 poorly bun on Xmas eve when you can have 3? :(

Oh, no, I'm so sorry they've all stopped eating again. :( What a mystery, with all three of them refusing food... :( Sending them so many vibes. I hope they'll start eating again soon. It must be so stressful to have them all unwell at the same time.

Well the girls have both started eating a bit more by themselves and Britney has spent the last 5 minutes zooming and binkying around their room so hoping they will be fine from this point!

Phillip still varying between normal and very subdued. His eyes are a bit weepy so definitely think his teeth roots are hurting him. Keeping him on his max dose of pain relief and will see how he is when normal vets open tomorrow.

It’s been a stressful few days that’s for sure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day 4 and we are still not back to normal.

B&W are refusing all food during the day but I can see from the pet camera that overnight they’re more active and nibbling. Output is small but there is something. I’m reluctant to take them back for the vet just yet as I feel that the stress would set them back even further.

Phillip is not eating much at all so he is seeing the vet this afternoon.

So still syringe feeding and giving meds to all 3 which is an utter nightmare!

I'm really sorry that your three are not back to normal. It must be very worrying for you :( I expect you'll be an expert at syring-feeding and meds administration now.

I hope that Phillip gets on well at the vets.

So sorry that all three are off their food, really hope that they all pick up soon, sending them all lots of vibes xx

So Phillip had spurs and a very red tongue :sad:
Completely explains the reluctance to eat but wanting to though.

Poor little thing. Since the vet closes early on a bank holiday, the vet didn’t have time to do anesthetic before they closed but also didn’t want to leave him like that, so asked if I minded if they tried burring the spurs whilst he was awake. Phillip was such a good boy and they managed to do it successfully :love:

Hopefully he will start to feel better now. I’m wondering if the girls were picking up on him being ill and hoping if he eats more then they will too…

Sending lots of vibes for Phillip's poorly mouth. I hope they all start to improve now.

I hope you bunnies are feeling better & ok. Sending love. The jumping on vets head made me chuckle bless her. When I take Bella she jumps into my arms & if I crouch down she climbs on my chest to get lifted & snuggled. Poor souls don’t like the vets. They really do pick their timings don’t they xx

Oh, poor Phillip. :( How good of him to let them do his teeth while awake. :love: I hope he's feeling more comfortable now and will feel more like eating. Sending lots of vibes for Phillip and the girls. I hope they're doing better today. :love:

Thanks everyone.
Phillip is still very subdued and mostly hiding but he does come out occasionally for a nibble of hay and to stretch his legs. He accepts the syringe feed well so hopefully once his tongue feels better he’ll start eating properly.

B&W are much the same, eating overnight but refusing anything during the day. It’s so odd. They won’t go near me at all as I’m the mean one that does vet trips and medicine, so they stomp and run when they see me :sad:

Aw, it always feels bad when they're afraid of you because you're the mean one with the medicine. :( I'm glad Phillip comes out for a nibble every now and then and that he's taking his syringe feed well. It's so strange that Britney and Whitney will only eat during the night, though... Sending all three of them a lot more vibes.

Back