• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets@Home Adoption - Update

I imagine it’s the lack of rescues in your area rather than lack of rabbits. The rabbit crisis is great uk-wide :(

Essex guinea pig, rat and rabbit rescue. 3 year old black and white Dutch, neutered and vaccinated. Enjoying a fuss in the video. He's called Domino.

Last edited:
I know the rescue :thumb: I've seen him previously there on the RabbitRehome site, but it is 78 miles away, which is too far :(

Omi is ARC an option? Apologies if this had been mentioned. I know you got your REW from ARC

Omi is ARC an option? Apologies if this had been mentioned. I know you got your REW from ARC

Yes, Tui came from ARC :) I do check their website regularly, but the distance from here is 100 miles, which again is really too far.

Are you thinking of the Giant?:)

I actually clocked Domino myself earlier! I know it's still very early days but Fudgie is looking very sad and lonely on her own so I need to start putting feelers out to rescues sooner rather than later.

Anyway, back to Tui. I have a feeling they might still be too far, but would Pets at Home in Romford and Chingford possibly be an option? I also found a rescue in Upminster, Essex. Again may be too far to travel. They only have a Facebook page and it seems to be mainly cats and dogs, although they do say they rehome rabbits as well. I'm not sure if Upminster is feasible, but if it is I can try and find the name of the rescue again (I've forgotten it!).

I actually clocked Domino myself earlier! I know it's still very early days but Fudgie is looking very sad and lonely on her own so I need to start putting feelers out to rescues sooner rather than later.

Anyway, back to Tui. I have a feeling they might still be too far, but would Pets at Home in Romford and Chingford possibly be an option? I also found a rescue in Upminster, Essex. Again may be too far to travel. They only have a Facebook page and it seems to be mainly cats and dogs, although they do say they rehome rabbits as well. I'm not sure if Upminster is feasible, but if it is I can try and find the name of the rescue again (I've forgotten it!).

Both Upminster and Romford are about the limit that we would want to drive, being about 60-65 miles I think, so feasible at a push. We've got around a dozen Pets@Home stores within a reasonable distance and I intend to ring them all again tomorrow. Downside with Pets@Home is that the bunnies are not usually neutered and vaccinated. I don't know what their policy is regarding a failed bond either and whether they would accept the bunny back.

Good luck with your search for a bunny for Fudgie :)

I know exactly what you mean, they're the same reason I'm reluctant to try pets at home adoption.

The name of the rescue in Upminster is Wanderers Haven Animal Sanctuary.

I really hope you find somebun for Tui. I promise I'll stay away from any rescues in Kent but if I find any in my search I'll let you know.

Back