• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quad of rabbits

Hi

I'm new so apologies if this has been asked before. We got 2 'female' rabbits last July. The vets confirmed when they were vaccinated that they were both female ( we now use a different vet) However just before Christmas a litter of babies was born. 5 in total, 1 sadly died but the other 4 are progressing nicely and are now 10 weeks old. They have been separated from mum vaccinated and sexed. We have 1 boy and 3 girls. The little boy is going to be checked at 12 weeks and hopefully neutered if it can be done.

My question is am I able to keep them all together as they have been together since birth, not had any issues with fighting or aggressive behaviour as yet. Also just to add the females will also be getting neutered when they are old enough. Thanks

They should be fine together but if the boy cannot be neutered at around 12weeks then you will have to separate him from the girls. It is lovely to hear that you are keeping them. When you have the boy neutered and are hoping to put him straight back in with the girls then be very careful as I did this once and the girls attacked him. I suppose it was the smell of the Vets on him, It took a while before they accepted him again.

I'm keeping them as their birth was quite unexpected as we thought they were both female(vets told us this). I have a hutch to put him in alongside them after hes been neutered I'm hoping this will get the vets smell off him.

Back