Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liquorice (gerbil) has passed away :(

Default Liquorice (gerbil) has passed away :(

I hope its okay to post here since he isn’t a little bunny ? didn’t wanna clog any other chats up with my negative news.

I noticed a tumor on his stomach thursday, I had a vet appointment for monday to check it out & clip his teeth. in the mean time, he had Luna’s “special supply” to help ease any pain. I was really hoping it might buy us some more time with him.

unfortunately, it wasn’t to be. saturday my BF said he was really chewing at himself it seemed, so I grabbed him out. he split open the tumor at that point. had he not been suffering with malocclusion I think he would have made it so much worse. he did try to bite me, but it was quite blunt due to his teeth, so I guess it was a blessing in some way.

he was quite active, greeting, eating the soft foods we prepared (along with soaking some of his normal food), but he slept so much more too. the only reason we saw him out was because we had something to “offer”

I didn’t want a repeat of his brother, who was so hellbent on chewing himself he fell down the bedding and smacked into the glass. that was really distressing to see, and quite disgusting with the damage he had made. so I opted to PTS now before it got to that point, and clearly the metacam wasnt helping.

I feel..empty, it happened so fast, I don’t think I know how to process it.

its so surreal. two weeks back we were celebrating his third birthday, happy tears with lots of fruit, as that’s all I asked of him. he holds the title for oldest gerbil I’ve had. few days back we were joking about how some have a center piece for their dining table, and we have a whole gerbil tank

to him..just being gone. over two days really. & that all happened so fast too. I saw the open tumor, knew it was time, within the hour we had said goodbye.

idk.. I know its for the best, he can be happy with his brother now. it just all feels....so odd. I keep expecting to see his tank, or bringing him bits of porridge and fruit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m so very sorry they are such big personalities aren’t they thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Poor little fella . I am really sorry x

I used to be ‘Jack’s-Jane’ but I have been logged out of that account and I can’t get back in !

UK Med Freedom Alliance https://www.ukmedfreedom.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    I’m so very sorry they are such big personalities aren’t they thinking of you and sending hugs xx
    they really do! he was always very lazy and always finding an easy way to do life. eg let his brother do the work and reap the rewards I will miss him dearly. at least he’s reunited with his brother at last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorMorse View Post
    Poor little fella . I am really sorry x
    thank you Jane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry to read this I know what you mean about processing though, I had a similar experience with Aboleth: it all happens so fast and your body and mind just can't keep up. Big hugs xx
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

I'm so sorry. I had a soft spot for your Liquorice. Sweet dreams little one xx

www.TrawdenSoapKitchen.Etsy.com including Boobly Bears dried forage & herb mix

I'm so sorry xx

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Mama Doe

I'm so sorry scurry free Liquorice

Wise Old Thumper

I am so sorry for your loss