• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hiiii new here

Rd2505

New Kit
Hi , entirely new on forums !! We have owned a bunny for 14 years he was outdoors, we are new to indoor bunnys , we adopted a bunny this year he was a dwarf lion head cross , he had an extremely tragic accident (he was just running free in our house and slipped ) and broke his leg in several places and due to the coronavirus we couldn't find anywhere to treat him and we feel we had bad advice , we've found an exotic vet , and ensured they would treat our bunny if any such accident would happen again I'm fairly certain it won't because it was really a freak accident! and rehomed 2 girls today, booked vets in 2 days , they were however in a childminding setting and were not given enough hay in their diet, it's evident in their poo , and their house was empty just sawdust, they seem to be settling well , they've both come to us to smell us , however, I put hay in their potty and they're both curled up in that rather than going up to their bed, I put loads of hay in their room it was empty before , the tamer bun has been to look , they are around 20-25 weeks old both girls different breeds one is huge it's a lop cross , the other not sure of her breed , they are very nervous it was a struggle to put them in the carrier although they were calmer here than they were at their other home , they are in my dining room , they have a hutch the bottom half expands bigger than a cage , they've got 2 teirs , it's not noisy yet they can see us passing through and hear our voices, we will let them out in 24 hours or so into one room , I'm just looking for any helpful tips , they've been picked up and who knows by 1-3 year old children any advice is welcome

Hi and welcome. Sorry your last bun had an accident. Hope your 2 new bunnies settle down well, it will take time. Yes, rabbits like to sit or sleep in their litter tray and putting hay in their tray will encourage them to use it as their toilet. They shouldn't need hay anywhere else. Are they neutered? There is lots of excellent advice over on the Rabbit Welfare Association's website regarding all aspects of Rabbit keeping.

Hello and welcome. I am sorry to read of the tragic leg injury to your rescue bun. I hope he is recovering well and that he has good mobility. And I hope your new rescue bunnies will soon settle in for you.
There’s loads of good threads to follow and look at in this forum so please feel free to follow us and our stories and we do love to see photos of bunnies so we’d love to see any you might have.
Craig x

Hi! Im new too! im sorry for your rabbits accident. i hope hes better now and recovering well! hes lucky. i cant give you any advise because im new to rabbits too! i have one rabbit and shes aggressive. she lives outside but its always raining so she has to stay cooped up in her hutch all day ): ill take any advise as well!

Back