• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Best Probiotic?

Toasty123

Warren Scout
Toasty's droppings are a little soft is it okay to give both fibreplex and pro C in water?. He has never had pro C before, but I want to try as the vet said it will strengthen his immune system. Is there a difference between bio-lapis and pro C, is one better than the other?

It has slightly different ingredients, but the PAH one would be fine. The Fibreplex would be fine on it's own really, so dont stress about getting anything else.

How has Toasty's eating been today ? Is his 'output' OK ?

Oh I see, i bought fibreplex off hayexperts and it has quite a chemical small so have to return that, i'll probably just get fibreplex then tomorrrow from vets 4 pets, but I was wondering if the probiotics that you add to water boost the rabbit's immune system? or would fibreplex do that too? Yes, fortunately Toasty is still eating and drinking, although I do notice the water drip from his mouth after he's finished drinking which I never did before and also he does chew slower than he used too even before the dental, is this anything to be concerned about, although I know it could be ulcers that can't be seen while he's cautious. Loxicom should help with that right? I've tryed the face steamer and he looks like he's breathing better now as his head isn't bobbing up and down last time I checked on him, I will continue to update you guys on his progress.

Last edited:
Oh I see, i bought fibreplex off hayexperts and it has quite a chemical small so have to return that, i'll probably just get fibreplex then tomorrrow from vets 4 pets, but I was wondering if the probiotics that you add to water boost the rabbit's immune system? or would fibreplex do that too? Yes, fortunately Toasty is still eating and drinking, although I do notice the water drip from his mouth after he's finished drinking which I never did before and also he does chew slower than he used too even before the dental, is this anything to be concerned about, although I know it could be ulcers that can't be seen while he's cautious. Loxicom should help with that right? I've tryed the face steamer and he looks like he's breathing better now as his head isn't bobbing up and down last time I checked on him, I will continue to update you guys on his progress.

I'd just give him the fibreplex, it has both the probiotics and added fibre. I would try not to micro-watch everything Toasty is doing as the more stressed you get the more he may pick up on it. His teeth may be an issue, but certainly not the primary one at this stage. Toasty is now under the care of what sound to be very Rabbit Savvy Vets, he is still eating and pooing OK and he appears to have responded quite well to the steam inhalations. Try to focus on the positives and Toasty will then pick up on that and it will help him fight his health problems x

I'd just give him the fibreplex, it has both the probiotics and added fibre. I would try not to micro-watch everything Toasty is doing as the more stressed you get the more he may pick up on it. His teeth may be an issue, but certainly not the primary one at this stage. Toasty is now under the care of what sound to be very Rabbit Savvy Vets, he is still eating and pooing OK and he appears to have responded quite well to the steam inhalations. Try to focus on the positives and Toasty will then pick up on that and it will help him fight his health problems x

I guess I do get stressed a lot in difficult times so as you said I will try to be positive for Toasty. When he drinks water he makes these gurgling sounds and sometimes his stomach does too, i was a bit worried but I don't want to overthink about it x

Glad little Toasty bun is doing better, really hope he's turned the corner now.

Thanks pets mum :love: me too, he looks better than before, don't know if it's to early to say, but I think I already see improvements with his breathing :)

I guess I do get stressed a lot in difficult times so as you said I will try to be positive for Toasty. When he drinks water he makes these gurgling sounds and sometimes his stomach does too, i was a bit worried but I don't want to overthink about it x

I can hear one of my Rabbit's ( Lord Herbert's) tummy gurgling after he has a drink even if I am in a different room ! Aoife gurgles after drinking too, just not so loudly.

I know how hard it is not to over think everything when caring for a very poorly Bunny. I am my own worst enemy in that respect and my Vet friend has to give me a firm talking to !! But our Bunnies really do pick up on our mood and anxiety, especially House Rabbits. So I try my best to be cool calm and collected, even if I have to take myself off to the end of the garden for a good cry at times. Goodness knows what the neighbours must think :oops:

I hope Toasty is doing as well as possible today x

Back