• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sweet dreams Rudey

I got Bob to give Rudey & Mouse their metacam on Monday then got him to make up & "administer" a spoon fed while I stayed in the kitchen. Both went smoothly. However when Bob has tried to give him his first of the day he has refused it. Rudey refusing food is quickly followed by an indignant shake then he limps off at break neck speed with sad eyes looking at you like you're a bunny abuser.

It doesn't help that he genuinely won't even try it before you pretend to have some. Its a bit ridiculous but true. I often have a dried blob of cc on my top lip

Hahahahaha :lol: It smells foul to me.

He is doing amazingly well under your regime though. You probably have already, but you should sketch out a simple plan for your vet as it could be helpful for other bunnies with similar issues under her care.

Hahahahaha :lol: It smells foul to me.

He is doing amazingly well under your regime though. You probably have already, but you should sketch out a simple plan for your vet as it could be helpful for other bunnies with similar issues under her care.

the banana one smells worse. We have an inhouse game called "Recovery food or poop" as everytime (all the time) we see an unsavoury brown blob we shout out what we think it is. I walked in to the room the other day & Bob spotted the blob on my lip & shouted poop.

My vet gave me the plan - I'm just following orders

the banana one smells worse. We have an inhouse game called "Recovery food or poop" as everytime (all the time) we see an unsavoury brown blob we shout out what we think it is. I walked in to the room the other day & Bob spotted the blob on my lip & shouted poop.

My vet gave me the plan - I'm just following orders

:lol: at the game :lol:

You are doing a great job :love:

I know the feeling, my boyfriend won't do any medication, syringe feeding, fluids.. Basically no medical care [emoji38] he'll clean up though even if it means doing it all the time, and he'll stay with them... Just no medication [emoji51] same with the hamsters, I have to do that alone, would be nice to share that kinda thing and not have to do every single one [emoji38] he does wash all syringes though if he's there [emoji38] he also won't pick any of them up, he's terrified of hurting them by getting it wrong [emoji51]
Yep, mine too. He's far too gentle holding them and I'm not much better TBH. He's not the best at the 'dirty' jobs either but he'll rally when he needs to :) When I go away he's OK at cleaning them out, but doesn't always clean up wee spills. However, the bunnies prefer it when I go away because if Matt's away, they don't get fed as much XD

We have an inhouse game called "Recovery food or poop" as everytime (all the time) we see an unsavoury brown blob we shout out what we think it is. I walked in to the room the other day & Bob spotted the blob on my lip & shouted poop.
LMAO Brilliant :D

I got Bob to give Rudey & Mouse their metacam on Monday then got him to make up & "administer" a spoon fed while I stayed in the kitchen. Both went smoothly. However when Bob has tried to give him his first of the day he has refused it. Rudey refusing food is quickly followed by an indignant shake then he limps off at break neck speed with sad eyes looking at you like you're a bunny abuser.

It doesn't help that he genuinely won't even try it before you pretend to have some. Its a bit ridiculous but true. I often have a dried blob of cc on my top lip

Omg [emoji38][emoji38] the things we do for buns [emoji38] Atticus is interested in what humans are eating, seems to have made the connection, but the other three just want their stuff you offer them, and me eating some raspberries is ignored... Atticus will risk his life to get to me and the raspberries [emoji38] not that he's allowed any! But damn I feel bad, I eat them everyday, so it's heartbreaking watching him [emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Yep, mine too. He's far too gentle holding them and I'm not much better TBH. He's not the best at the 'dirty' jobs either but he'll rally when he needs to :) When I go away he's OK at cleaning them out, but doesn't always clean up wee spills. However, the bunnies prefer it when I go away because if Matt's away, they don't get fed as much XD

LMAO Brilliant :D

I have no issues picking up any of the buns, I don't pick them up unless I need to, so they aren't like super used to it tbh, but it just happens if it needs to, no fuss [emoji38] I really want him to be able to though, especially now, it's getting hard to bend on the floor and get them for clean outs, but he just can't do it [emoji21]

He does do all fresh hay giving and litter trays every night now though, and cleaning up any spillages, changing water, giving out veggies too, altho I did veg last night, but he always does the cleaning out and hay, which is really helpful :) oh also the snuggle safes! And spot cleaning Atticus, we both do that when we see it (well smell it [emoji38])

The buns and hams have given me a lot of confidence with medication though, I never thought I'd be able to give sq fluids, or do the white buns injections they needed every week for a while, I really hate needles, so I surprised myself there [emoji38] it's actually easier than oral meds tbh, not that they're difficult either, but it looks so much more difficult I always thought, the things you learn to do for animals [emoji38] I'm still no good with humans and needles though [emoji38][emoji38]

graiceee - stop being so mean & eating them in front of the poor mite

JJ - yep its kind of on my to try list but for now I'm not spending any money on the rabbits unless I have to:lol: sorry buns

graiceee - stop being so mean & eating them in front of the poor mite

JJ - yep its kind of on my to try list but for now I'm not spending any money on the rabbits unless I have to[emoji38] sorry buns
He seems to hear me open them rooms away, it's literally not safe to get them out the fridge anywhere in the house [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

He seems to hear me open them rooms away, it's literally not safe to get them out the fridge anywhere in the house [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]
Lopsy does the same with banana, i think he can smell it from miles away XD If I open the kitchen door and have some in my hand he comes out to see me: he's so deaf he doesn't any other time!

I can see how subcut fluids would be easier: mine never flinched with injections but Gods Forbid you attempt to stick something in their mouth! My mate who's a theatre nurse and needle-phobic is also fine doing needle work on anyone but herself XD

Lopsy does the same with banana, i think he can smell it from miles away XD If I open the kitchen door and have some in my hand he comes out to see me: he's so deaf he doesn't any other time!

I can see how subcut fluids would be easier: mine never flinched with injections but Gods Forbid you attempt to stick something in their mouth! My mate who's a theatre nurse and needle-phobic is also fine doing needle work on anyone but herself XD

It's incredible isn't it [emoji38] I offered Clementine a raspberry and she sniffed it and looked at my so disappointed.. [emoji38] Like truly disappointed in me as a person for suggesting she ate such a thing [emoji38]

Haha I often wondered if mine know they have no choice when it comes to oral meds, I mean it's over so quickly, and they don't get a choice, but it seems to work out okay they just accept it.

It's weird isn't it, I've always been really weird with needles, and it annoys me because people always go, but you have so many piercings! And a tattoo! How can you be scared of needles! [emoji38] The piercings were fine, the tattoo I was a mess before hand, then I walked around Hong Kong afterwards feeling like I'd taken all kinds of stuff (I'm guessing adrenaline was the cause) honestly felt higher than I ever have in Amsterdam [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] the human body is a weird thing!

Sometimes when I spoon feed Rudey his lower back twitches, in a similar way to Mousey does when she is having her packed lunch. Do you reckon its an enjoyment thing or that you can see more cos he's so thin? Or anything else.

I spent the early hours watching him & Mouse this morning. He was mooching round & grazing a lot which was nice to see as they do sleep a lot of the day

Sometimes when I spoon feed Rudey his lower back twitches, in a similar way to Mousey does when she is having her packed lunch. Do you reckon its an enjoyment thing or that you can see more cos he's so thin? Or anything else.

I spent the early hours watching him & Mouse this morning. He was mooching round & grazing a lot which was nice to see as they do sleep a lot of the day

It is an 'I am enjoying this' reaction :D

I wish if he were enjoying it he'd eat a bit more of it! Still I guess he only has a little belly & can only manage so much

I got a video of Rudey style syringe feeding

https://imgur.com/62X2Lsg

enjoying an apple stick

aXrweH2l.jpg

Back