• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sweet dreams Rudey

Oh bless him, he's such a good boy isn't he ? I love the look on Mousies face, "where's my stick then ?" :lol:

Is he sucking it up from the syringe? I think he must be at that angle. I've certainly never had a rabbit who would take a syringe feed as well as that. He must be enjoying the flavour of it. He's also a good boy nibbling his apple stick :)

Omi;7150020[B said:
]Is he sucking it up from the syringe?[/B] I think he must be at that angle. I've certainly never had a rabbit who would take a syringe feed as well as that. He must be enjoying the flavour of it. He's also a good boy nibbling his apple stick :)

Not sucking, just lapping as it comes out. Now I don't have to use any limbs & digits getting him in a position for syringe feeding I can apply steady pressure. He typically has 45mls a sitting & dribbles about 5

Not sucking, just lapping as it comes out. Now I don't have to use any limbs & digits getting him in a position for syringe feeding I can apply steady pressure. He typically has 45mls a sitting & dribbles about 5

Perfect :D

He is a good boy, most of the time. I think he'd fare better if I did his feeds consistently every 3 hours over 24. We have a good routine but he has a midnight feed then has to wait til 4.30am. I do make sure fresh forage is available at night to top him up. Mousey is a good girl too - she is really helpful in tasting his recovery spoon feeds - just to reassure him its not poisoned of course

Pets mum - fret not, Mousey gobbles any forage far faster than Rudey so she always gets the lions share

First day in ages Rudey must have eaten his cecos & isn't in need of clean up - typical its the day his Emeraid arrives so I won't know whether that helps or not. Still any clean bum day is a good day I suppose

Rudey is more wobbly these days, his legs are all over the place & he sometimes falls over :(
Pasturella wise he is all clear (which surprises me as he has a lot to cope with physically & emotionally). He is still taking the majority of his syringe feeds. He is still really skinny but not more so (not sure it'd be possible). He still has bright eyes & a shiny coat. He loves his Mousey & she has actually been grooming him a bit recently. He doesn't like cuddles with me anymore, his body goes really tense when I pick him up but he does like (& expect) lots of floor fusses. he's enjoying his forage too.

Hopefully not tempting fate but I'm really impressed he hasn't needed the dentist. With his front teeth he snips lots of hay in to pieces (never eats it) which I assume is to help wear them & I assume the back ones he manages by wearing them with jaw movements (& a little grass). No sore hocks either. He had a little one when he arrived but none since. Given mousey looks like a ballet dancer next to him I thought'd he'd be high risk.

Aww bless him, he’s such a sweetie, even with a stinky bum! You’re doing an amazing job caring for him with so much dedication :love:

You're doing an amazing job taking care of him and it does sound like he's holding his own. Also lovely to read the he's getting lots of cuddles from Mouse xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

What a brave soldier Rudey is :love: Of course all the care he receives from his Human means he knows he is not fighting all his problems on his own :love:

Thank You all very much. I've started putting him on a little exercise regime to try & build his strength up

Having geranium with Mousey just now

kAYpGvml.jpg

Back