Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Bunny with broken leg :(

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Can you crush it up and put it in Ella's kitchen banana, banana, banana baby food? And syringe it? That's how I did it after Clementines legs op.. Or ask for liquid form

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    I did crush it up.. I think he can smell it or taste it. I syringed it with metacam but the bits were still a bit chunky. I completely crushed it and mashed in banana.

Quote Originally Posted by Barn Yard Bunnies View Post
    I did crush it up.. I think he can smell it or taste it. I syringed it with metacam but the bits were still a bit chunky. I completely crushed it and mashed in banana.
    Awh no terrors aren't they! I got this thing on amazon which crushes tablets because Clementine is now on 1/4 of a diuretic tablet every day so I use it to cut it into quarters, and then crush one off the 1/4s everyday, works really well makes it into a fine dust and with baby food and a little water (mainly because the banana baby food is a little thick, the apple one is thinner but she's not a fan) it just looks like banana baby food and she loves it

I hope he starts taking it soon

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Terrors aren’t they Frosty will eat banana, but not with meds hidden in it and he won’t eat banana baby food or apple and banana, but he loves the Aldi apple, carrot and parsnip pouch, so it might be worth trying a few types without meds to see if he likes them.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Half the banana is gone. They know, I tell you they know you have put medication in it.. I crush it with the back of a spoon.

Warren Veteran

How is Bing doing? Hope he is recovering. Such a gorgeous bunny

Bing is doing amazingly well. I have covered about a third of our bedroom in puppy pads and fleeces and Bing loves running around. He hates being confined so he has been free range in the bedroom for about 18 hours now. He has a cat bed he slept in and didn't have the heart to cage him. He is so good, he has the odd nibble at the door frame or skirting board, nothing Mr Bennett hadn't already done before.

Afternoon check up at about 5.30 pm, James knows what time. I expect everything to be good.

Wise Old Thumper

Lovely update! Sounds as though he really has some spirit and is so lucky to be with you!

He is so gentle but also very curious. He discovered two hamster balls and likes playing with them.

He definitely knows what he likes and doesn't like, doesn't like fenugreek crunchies.. . Doesn't like any syringe near his face and he will push it away.

Poos and wees a ton. Which is really good. Carrots seem to be his favourite food. Should get some kale on the way home from the vets.

Having seen pics of Bing's recovery set up I am thinking of requesting moving in myself !! He could not be receiving better care. Re the Tramadol, crushing it with a pestle and mortar and then mixing it into some Apple Juice always worked for Morse and it also works for Lord H and Endeavour

Reference links for various Rabbit health problems
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Animal Rescue and Care (ARC) SW London
    https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/

Warren Veteran

Aaaw so pleased to read such a good update. Fingers crossed for a positive vet visit.