• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Today's Pics of Bitey Betty :-) U/D *SHE'S DEAD* :-(

I may as well give up myself

Devastated

:cry:
Oh I'm so sorry! :'(

I have a real soft spot for hammies now, I always worry about this kinda thing because you never really know what's going on with them, one minute they're fine, the next they aren't :'( I'm so sorry, I'm sure it was nothing you did though, so don't blame yourself :( x

Oh no Jane, poor little Betty. :cry:

It's nothing you could have known about. Betty arrived in a bad way, overweight aggressive and with a bad eye.

This isn't unusual when small animals haven't been looked after properly, get a home with love and care and a chance to relax and suddenly pass away.

Big big hugs Jane xxx

Devastated does not even begin to describe how I feel

I officially give up

I am 100% useless

ax3ouMp.jpg

Not useless at all. You gave her some happiness in her little life. I'm so sorry x

I'm so sorry you lost her. :(

Sometimes these things are completely out of our control and, no matter how well we care for these little critters, these awful things happen. It doesn't make you useless at all, and I'm sure all the other furries that you share your life with would tell you otherwise if they could too.

Be kind to yourself; I'm positive that if this were someone else feeling this way you would be the first to reassure them it wasn't their fault. Xx

Oh no Jane I'm so sorry.

I agree with BYB. Poor Betty was already in a bad way when she came to you and I think you had an uphill battle to get her right again. You were already doing wonders for her so it's just so terribly unfair that her little body was unable to keep going.

Sleep tight little Betty xxx

Also sending you lots of cyber hugs Jane xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Aww what a shame but as others have stated she may have had underlying problems that overwhelmed her.Ive had many Syrians and the majority ended up with abdominal tumors,sadly common in wee hammies .RIP Betty.Not your fault Jane,hugs.x

Oh no Jane, I'm so sorry. It was just her time, and it was completely out of your control. xx

She looks so peaceful, RIP little Betty x

Oh no Jane, poor little Betty. :cry:

It's nothing you could have known about. Betty arrived in a bad way, overweight aggressive and with a bad eye.

This isn't unusual when small animals haven't been looked after properly, get a home with love and care and a chance to relax and suddenly pass away.

Big big hugs Jane xxx
I agree, it’s as though they know it’s safe to move on. Not that that makes it any easier to cope with their loss. Sending love xxx

I’m so sorry, Jane. :cry:
She was lucky to have found you, if only for a short while - probably her happiest time.X

I'm so sorry Jane. Her time with you might have been short but you clearly loved her and gave her the best of care. Lots of love from Bertie bunny and his Mummy. xxx

I’m so sorry:cry: I’m sure she was very happy with you, I’m sorry you didn’t have long with her :cry: xx

I am so sorry for your loss. Although she got to you too late to save her, you did give her good care, love, and a chance to enjoy herself. It is not fair. You are to be admired for taking on such a challenge.

Back