• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Slug nest

Toffs and Pebbs

Warren Scout
Hi all, how is everyone?

I'm not sure I put this in the right forum! Today I was removing some logs and putting in a nice wooden hides house and I came across a slugs nest with eggs and all, I looked in other places and saw stuff moving and immediately thought that underneath all the logs there must be a slug city! What exactly is wrong with slugs and how can I prevent it? I have covered the slug nest up with logs again as the ground is wet and soon we are going to sort out all the bottom bit when it is dry.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I've understood correctly. Are the logs within the rabbits' run and is that the problem?

Slugs are really only a problem if they (a) eat the leaves of your plants or (b) they find any discarded rabbit food and begin to eat it.

They will favour being under logs as it will provide a safe place to hide and also it will be very damp. Slugs favour damp conditions. If the logs (and the slugs) are in the rabbits' run, I think they would remove themselves if you moved the logs.

I'm not sure I've understood correctly. Are the logs within the rabbits' run and is that the problem?

Slugs are really only a problem if they (a) eat the leaves of your plants or (b) they find any discarded rabbit food and begin to eat it.

They will favour being under logs as it will provide a safe place to hide and also it will be very damp. Slugs favour damp conditions. If the logs (and the slugs) are in the rabbits' run, I think they would remove themselves if you moved the logs.

No the logs are there to stop them making it even more muddy by digging, the slugs are downstairs and that's not where the pellets (upstairs) is and the greenery is eaten by the rabbits (downstairs), I haven't actually seen the slugs coming up and eating it although it could be a possibility. I possibly would remove the logs soon as I'm removing the wire and changing it to weld mesh.

Thanks

Why is it it that spiders and slugs freak me out? Not exactly at my most macho.

YES, I am not alone!!!! I hate spiders if I see a big one I scream like literally, and when I saw the slugs I was thinking in my head 'ewwwwww' because of how slimy they are! They are the creepy crawlies kings and queens in my opinion![emoji23]

Back