• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hay question

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
if hay feels a bit greasy and has a smell like cheap pet shop hay... is that hay that is off? or just poor quality?

i've been getting one bag of regular size dean's farm meadow hay from the hayexperts last few orders and it's been really lovely - dry, soft, very fine hay with a nice smell. so i went and ordered two large sized bags this time and they both feel a bit greasy and don't smell fresh :(

i have no luck with hay at all. had a hay for pets delivery last week and the courier had managed to damage the packaging and then just delivered it open. the hay was not usable. hay for pets kindly sent another and it hadn't turned up yet and o/h was waiting to go out, so i checked the tracking and it said it's been left in the place we specified that it could be if no answer, at 9am. no-one has knocked today. so o/h went outside to get it and it's been left next to the side cupboard not inside! it's completely open yet again and drenched! :evil:

argh!!! he obviously didn't knock because he knew they'd ruined it again!

hay will be the death of me!!

The larger bags do have a different texture to the smaller bags but they should still be dry and sweet smelling.

I'd contact wherever you got it from and ask them to replace it for you.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

The larger bags do have a different texture to the smaller bags but they should still be dry and sweet smelling.

I'd contact wherever you got it from and ask them to replace it for you.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

i'm left with no hay now. i only ordered the dean's farm from hayexperts because the hay for pets i got couldn't be used because of the courier. and now they've messed up the replacement aswell.

sent the pics and details to hay for pets and she's sending another but signed for this time so they can't just leave it without knocking. she's going to contact them and so is my o/h.

such a nightmare. o/h said it's not worth having a heart attack over but i think it is :oops: i'm fuming! got no soft hay for the piggies now. i really hate the couriers around here. they ruin everything and take no care at all. the hayexperts boxes were drenched aswell to the point where they've obviously been left outside between putting on the van etc :roll:

the nice lady from hay for pets has told her courier and they will be contacting the one for our area to give someone a telling off!

i feel bad now because she said she doesn't get compensated :( doesn't seem fair at all.

Back