• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binking Question

rosehnas

New Kit
Hey, I'm new to the forum and I have possibily an unusual inquiry about binkings.

Mine doesn't really binking. He use to when we first got him and then we had to cage him (cages were big) for most of his first year because we hadn't had the ability to bunny proof as he got older. Then he became free roaming and binked a few times afterwards but then stopped. Now it's been a good few months and he doesn't really binking. He's the only rabbit we have and although he flops and stretches out (which is a good sign of content) and he eats pretty regularly, I just don't see him binking. My husband who hangs out on the sofa (snoozing) from 4am to whenever, also hasn't seen him perform this act. I'm working on getting him better toys and made myself a few so he can toss them around but doesn't seem to do much except wanting to roam around and check out things. He occasionally will terrorize our cats (we have 2 lol). He did use to hang out with our cat Tabitha earlier on the year but when had to cage him, they couldn't play anymore and hasn't gone back into that yet.

Is this normal? Is there something that I need to do get him to binky more? Perhaps having to cage him (although he had room to binky but rarely did) made him less binking?

Any thoughts would be helpful!

They so a playful earlier twitch which is like a invite to play when they are happy .. it's like a invite to play!

Robin had more of a mad half hour that binkys, he runs around the room in a super fast lap.
I'm pretty sure he's a happy bunny if he is flopping out with his legs out

Does he have access to free range time for a long period each day?

Binkying is a sign of excitement rather than general happiness so he can be happy without binkying. My bunnies tend to binky when they have gotten away with something naughty or if they have been given access to a new room or space or a particularly exciting new activity - like a new tunnel.

If my rabbit Anna is freerange at approx 4am, she will do laps of the room at high speed and binky then - it's always at this time of day so I guess it is dawn, when rabbits are naturally most active.

He is free range all the time. I just rebuilt his home into a bigger area (which isn't his general spot but I have a litter pan where his place was) and the area is our living room which is a decent sized room roam around.

I did just made him some new toys but I don't know if it's anything of excitement. He does get a little with his treats but no binkings.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Perhaps he just would like a change of scenery. I understand its hard if he's a house rabbit (Is he?). Maybe one day just show him one room and see how he feels, but don't let him get used to the room otherwise it will become a normal thing and he wont experience the excitement.

Hope this helped. :D

Well when they have access to a large space constantly, they get used to it so won't binky as much. It doesn't mean he doesn't enjoy the space, just that it becomes normal for him so it's not as exciting. It's good that he is free-range all the time, and that will make him happier in general.

True. I did notice our apt had been unusually warm. So yesterday we got him trimmed (not shaved buy almost) and today he did a little mini binking.

Kind of like short run with a small kick lol. But both full on.

So I think he was overheating.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back