• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our New Addition - Prince

shivbo2014

Young Bun
So we have just picked up Prince. He is adorable so relaxed and friendly he walked out of the pet carrier we transported him in straight in to his new cage and rolled on to his back for tummy rubs. I'm in love.

Question - Should I start swapping bits from their cages to get them used to each others smells?

Also he's quite a lot bigger than Miffy do you think that could be a problem??

Thanks xx

061f9f3f1f593a87e93b546abe975259.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Aw he looks lovely and not a Netherland Dwarf! :lol: I would let him get used to his new surroundings for a few days then you can bond them - have you got a neutral area in mind - somewhere they can stay for a day or 2 or in his area, that will be ok. I am not sure of your set up. As they are both young there shouldn't be any problems. Was he neutered at the Rescue? He will still probably chase your girl as that is what boys do! If you want to swap things over you can. Very exciting!

So we have just picked up Prince. He is adorable so relaxed and friendly he walked out of the pet carrier we transported him in straight in to his new cage and rolled on to his back for tummy rubs. I'm in love.

Question - Should I start swapping bits from their cages to get them used to each others smells?

Also he's quite a lot bigger than Miffy do you think that could be a problem??

Thanks xx

061f9f3f1f593a87e93b546abe975259.jpg

I Used to have a Prince who *was* a Netherland Dwarf, and by the ad I could see yours wasn't - but isn't he gorgeous! :love:

Size probably won't be an issue - personality is much more important :D

Yeah he was neutered vaccinated and chipped at the rspca. He's in good health eating and drinking happily. I currently have him in the utility area and will have to introduce miffy to him there as that's the only neutral area I have I've attached a pic of his current set up. I was going to block of his cage clean the floor and leave some hay and greens about for when they meet?? Going to do that next Saturday as I have quite a busy week this week and want to have enough time!

Once they've met and seem ok do I leave her in the utility in his cage for few days and nights before moving them both back to her area when fully bonded?? Sorry so many questions!

No, don't worry about the questions! That's a good idea to make it interesting with treats when you introduce them. You need to be sure they are getting on well before you put them back into your female's area. I can't foresee any problems so it should be straightforward!

Great thank you! I'm a bit nervous as I really want it to go well! He seems really laid back while miffy is a bit crazy lol. So im hoping it works out!

c5865ee80f02290dcb2e09e5ce25cc34.jpg

Back