• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stroking places

anparkinson

New Kit
Mac, our rescue lop, has developed a strange habit of having what we call 'stroking places' around the house and garden.

For example if he jumps on his hutch or goes to a particular flower bed, or next to his litter tray plus another couple of places inside, he lets you stroke and brush him and really relaxes and enjoys it.

If he's not in one of these places, he won't let you near him.

Is this normal?

Last edited:
Not sure but maybe these places smell more of him.If he favours spots he will have marked them and they are "his "

Robin likes to be fussed when he sits on the coffee table.
I think it's because he's more at our height if we sit on the floor

It sounds like he has you well trained :) It might be those are places that he feels more secure or that he goes when he's more likely to be in the frame of mind for grooming (nap/relaxed times). Or he may even have noticed you offer grooming when he goes there and be deliberately putting himself in that place with the expectation you'll offer.

Ours prefer to be stroked on their windowsill: Aboleth will usually take strokes whenever and wherever they're offered but Lopsy's gettign fussy and he runs off sometimes, especially in the hutch. Unless there's food :roll:

Mine don't like to be touched... let alone stroked. I envy you..... :lol:

It is possible its more of a safe/relax place as has already been pointed out.

My bridge boy loved to be stroked in certain places he used to sit on the sofa next to me or if you sat on the floor he'd come over and nudge you to be stroked. He had certain places he favoured to sit. Alice is different I'm very blessed really as I can scoop her up and she will snuggle into my neck and lick me while tooth purring. I have sat down on the floor with her and if she didn't feel like strokes I'd pet her bun bun toy and she comes running! :lol:

Mine all love strokes :) Now you mention it I think Boo loves them everywhere but Mouse & Joey engage more in the lounge & esp near Oh's sofa .

Your bunnies sound very intelligent

Back