• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

1st dental at 11 months old!!

Leo was doing so well after his dental but has now been admitted for tests as he wasn't eating this morning at all. I've noticed he's drinking more than normal and looks uncomfortable when going to the toilet. On the good side he's pooing (not as much as usual) and weeing and seems not too bad in himself just a bit 'off'. I always keep an eye out and haven't seen any chalky wee so I'm really hoping it's just a mild infection and nothing nasty.

If you can spare a few more vibes for my beautiful boy I know it would help :wave:

He has his sister for company while he's in the vet so at least he can snuggle up to her for a cuddle when he needs it.

Loads of vibes being sent for Leo (and his sister).

Has he come home yet? How's he doing now? :wave:

Thank you so much guys, Leo is doing much better today!! Eating on his own and has good gut sounds too :thumb: Vet says he's so much brighter today and has been running around and playing with his sister all morning :D they are going to keep an eye on him all day today but so long as he's improving he can come home later today!! I'm so pleased but the vets still don't know what caused the statis but they do know he perked up after given antibiotics so we're not out of the woods yet but I'm hoping after the antibiotic course has finished we'll see how he goes. But for now he's coming home with his sister Lulu!!! Can't wait to see them :love:

Thank you so much guys, Leo is doing much better today!! Eating on his own and has good gut sounds too :thumb: Vet says he's so much brighter today and has been running around and playing with his sister all morning :D they are going to keep an eye on him all day today but so long as he's improving he can come home later today!! I'm so pleased but the vets still don't know what caused the statis but they do know he perked up after given antibiotics so we're not out of the woods yet but I'm hoping after the antibiotic course has finished we'll see how he goes. But for now he's coming home with his sister Lulu!!! Can't wait to see them :love:

Fabulous news !! Well done Leo :love:

Great to hear, well done Leo :wave:

Back