• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Food.

Macwannab

New Kit
Hi all,my rabbit currently 10 weeks old,and was always on pellets and hay,but since being poorly and having too be fed and stay with the vet he now loves some celery,cucumber and pepper,which was advised but the vet,he gets fresh grass and a few dandelion leaves,but I'm just looking for more ideas please as surely he can't live on these lol,he does not seem to go for his pellets much any more either,any help welcome thank you.

Could you let us have an idea of the daily diet that you are feeding your rabbit, so that we can advise more easily.

What did he stay at the vets for?

My rabbits get on a daily basis black kale, broccoli and fresh greens. They also get either hawthorn, willow, maple or bind weed.

It's really just trial and error to see what bunny likes but you have to introduce new foods slowly over a period of time to ensure no tummy upsets.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Could you let us have an idea of the daily diet that you are feeding your rabbit, so that we can advise more easily.

Hi yeah he will have his pellets now,grass and a few dandelion leaves during the day and I'm trying him with begs twice a day,he's not fussed on parsnip,courgette but loves cucumber.im just not sure how much I should be giving him,he does not tend too eat much hay the way he used too,so I'm wondering if I should try a different brand.

Great thank you,so is broccoli ok I thought it was a food you have to be careful with,I'm reading it off the net lol,he was at the vets as not eating or drinking he was on meds and being fed,he had a bacteria in his droppings he's ok now though.thanks.x

If your rabbit is eating a good amount of grass per day then I wouldn't worry if his hay consumption is reduced.

Back