• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are they greedy????

Niklovesrats

Warren Scout
Are rabbits naturally greedy animals or not??? My 2 little girls (who are still only around 4 months old) seem really greedy... I call them my flymo's cause they literally destroy a patch of grass like a lawn mower! We then looked after my daughters rabbit Peter while she was on holiday and he didn't appear greedy at all... in fact he seemed a bit fussy.... my girls demolish whatever they are given every single day... Peter picked out his favourite things and left the rest.... so I wondered if it was just because the girls "share" they were ensuring the other one didn't get more whereas Peter on his own had no competition but then we got Ted who seems greedy as well and he demolishes everything that he is given!!!

I've had 8 bunnies, they've all been greedy :lol: Its all good really, if they devour everything you give them you have full control over their diet. Greedy rabbits also have the benefit of being easier to spot when they are ill as refusing food (or lack of enthusiasm) is more obvious

I couldn't agree more - this is a great thing. Not only can you tell if there's something up (if they stop being greedy!) but as long as you're feeding the right foods then they are less likely to get ill from eg GI stasis.

I wish our Daisy was greedy!

Back