• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

With such a heavy heart I've made a decision.

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
Many of you know that I've struggled over the past couple of years, one way or another, well I made a very hard decision yesterday. On Wednesday I move into a house which I will be sharing with the owner. Now beautiful Delilah suddenly died a couple of weeks ago, and so Frankie her hunbun has been on his own. He is used to living in a partially unheated conservatory, with the radio on, a settee,his toys and access to the outdoors when I'm around. My new home does not have the set up he has been used to for most of his life, however a lovely friend next door to where I will be living has two house rabbits and is willing for us to try and bond them into a trio. I know that this is best for him, new pals and being indoors as the idea of him being outdoors and alone until I have the opportunity to go and find him a new pal worries me no end.

So fingers, paws and crossed please for a quick, safe and easy bond.....

And for me...no bunnies to call my own....since 1995.:cry::cry::cry: I so wish things could have been different, but that's the way life goes at times.

I know he will be in the best possible hands, and only next door, but this is another big change in my life, one of which I hoped I would not have to be doing.

Last edited:
I am so sorry that you had to make this horrible decision but I hope you take comfort in the fact that he will be super happy with two other bun friends. As you said he is also only next door so you will still be able to see him anyway :)

I can understand how difficult this decision has been. It will be great for Frankie though and also it is perfect for you under the circumstances as you will be able to see him very often.

I have a good feeling about this move Mrs B and I also think it won't be too long before you are able to let some rabbits of your own into your life again.

Many of you know that I've struggled over the past couple of years, one way or another, well I made a very hard decision yesterday. On Wednesday I move into a house which I will be sharing with the owner. Now beautiful Delilah suddenly died a couple of weeks ago, and so Frankie her hunbun has been on his own. He is used to living in a partially unheated conservatory, with the radio on, a settee,his toys and access to the outdoors when I'm around. My new home does not have the set up he has been used to for most of his life, however a lovely friend next door to where I will be living has two house rabbits and is willing for us to try and bond them into a trio. I know that this is best for him, new pals and being indoors as the idea of him being outdoors and alone until I have the opportunity to go and find him a new pal worries me no end.

So fingers, paws and crossed please for a quick, safe and easy bond.....

And for me...no bunnies to call my own....since 1995.:cry::cry::cry: I so wish things could have been different, but that's the way life goes at times.

I know he will be in the best possible hands, and only next door, but this is another big change in my life, one of which I hoped I would not have to be doing.

Well if the bonding doesn't work out, you'll know it wasn't meant to be. But it's a wonderful selfless gesture on your part Mrs B, and I hope it works well for the best, whatever happens.

There would surely be nothing to prevent you having bunnies in your new accommodation? Or perhaps in a while, when it becomes your own?

Sending hugs xx

That's a lovely thing to do for him, if it works out, well he's just next door ! Sending you a big hug Mrs B xxxx

Bless you. I had a similar situation with my widowed rabbit Peaches. I hope it all works out well for the lovely Frankie. Lucky new (potential) owners!

Heart warming update...Frankie has bonded with Mistletoe (neutered male) and Mulberry (neutered female). Thank goodness, I have been so worried about him.

Wow, that was super quick! I'm so happy for the both of you :love:

Thank you. What with one thing and another, this extra stress was doing my head in......thank goodness for super quick!!! Both of Frankie's new friends are very chilled and accepting bunnies. Mistletoe is Mulberry's daddy...both very gentle buns and Frankie is so fortunate to have found such a wonderful new home.

I am very glad to see that Frankie has been accepted by his new friends and now has a home. Your turn next!

Back