• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this hormonal or something else?

Bellatrix15

Warren Scout
Over the past day or 2 I have noticed my 4 month old female rabbit Bellatrix is holding her tail up as if she is doing a wee a lot more than usual. Is this her hormones starting to come in as she also seems to be... smelly which hasn't happened before! Is this hormonal behaviour and is 4 months the right age for this to start?

Sorry i cant help much mainly just bumping.

The tail may be excitement/alert but im not ao sure she should smell? Is her genitals clear or anything on fur

Edit - there you go then :D ^

With her tail going up, this does sound like my honey.. Hers went up around 5 months old, and would stay up constantly & we had the occasional grunt which was her hormones kicking in. We didnt really notice a smell being honest, but with us having her brother close bye.. the spraying was really bad!!! (good job my partner is a painter & decorator, lol!) but hopefully someone else can confirm for sure for you! :) xx

With her tail going up, this does sound like my honey.. Hers went up around 5 months old, and would stay up constantly & we had the occasional grunt which was her hormones kicking in. We didnt really notice a smell being honest, but with us having her brother close bye.. the spraying was really bad!!! (good job my partner is a painter & decorator, lol!) but hopefully someone else can confirm for sure for you! :) xx

Ok so it's deffinitely hormones, she's started the grunting! She literally turned 4 months yesterday so I've got ages to wait! Her personality seems to have completely changed and she's so demanding and won't leave me alone!

Back