• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New to bunnies - how am I doing?

No, no, rant way - I think I'd have a rant or two myself if that's what I'm given. I mean if I go in to buy a cage for a rat, I don't expect them to be all "maybe, kinda, sorta - you can try it" and so definitely with an animal I'd be looking for them to know who they were and their medical history not "maybe, kinda, sorta".

Ahh the fun of litter training :lol: definitely not the highlight of rabbit-keeping =]

They are lovely!

Unfortunately, their cage doesn't give them enough space. I know you said you let them out - but they need constant access to a much larger area. If you think about it, the RWAF recommends a hutch of at least 6ft x 2ft with permanent access to an attached run of about 8ft x 6ft (you can check exact details on their website) so indoor rabbits need the same, even if they do have free-range time.

There are some excellent examples of indoor housing in the Housing section which may give you some ideas.

Thanks all, please be assured that they will be free-range once we get a handle on the litter training. Today we came home to a huuuge puddle of pee next to the litter tray. Definitely not there yet.

Thanks all, please be assured that they will be free-range once we get a handle on the litter training. Today we came home to a huuuge puddle of pee next to the litter tray. Definitely not there yet.

The may, of course, be peeing inappropriately because they don't like being confined. Unless you are going to completely rabbit-proof your room, free ranging when you aren't there may not be viable.

Back