• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bedding advice

hello there. I am new to bunnies I've always had hamsters but this bunny I have is wetting
his bedding.
I have to change his bedding every day
does anybody have any advice on what kind of bedding last longer?

Do you have a litter tray for him? If you put something like woodpellet cat litter or newspaper or paper based litter in the bottom of a large litter tray, then put hay on top, hopefully he will use this as a toilet, as they like to eat hay and poo/wee in the same place. One of my bunnies, my indoor bunny, Boots, has a second litter tray as he likes to wee and poo in one other place too. I find that a litter tray drastically reduces the amount of cleaning out time, and the amount of wastage too :thumb: other than the bedding in the litter tray, I leave the floor clear of anything, and they have a fleecy cat bed to sleep on. For the floor non slip vinyl works well, or rubber stable matting. If you sweep up stray poops regularly and mop up wees and neutralise where he has weed with vinegar/water solution, then this will encourage him to use his tray/s
Also if he is not yet neutered, neutering him will help a lot

Back