• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on rabbit runs

FloLo

Alpha Buck
Hello,

I'm moving out of my parents house up to close to uni (about 4 hour drive). I'm planning on taking Flo with me, but the run she has at the moment can't collapse.
I was having a look at the runaround runs and they look pretty good.

Has anyone else bought these? Looking at getting the 8ft binky one - it's a lot of money so want to know I'm getting what I pay for!
Also - how do you attach the tunnel to the hutch?

Here is the garden - I want to put her hutch in the shed at the back (already a hutch in there). Any recommendations on how to arrange hutch/run.
tumblr_njtw3mkszS1tirn5fo1_1280.jpg

Thanks!

I've got the Runaround 8 foot run plus tunnels and junction boxes and they are really great as it gives me lot of flexibility over my set up. It is expensive but given the options they have for expanding and also connecting to an existing set up it was worth the money for me.

My set up is a wooden run with one panel having a door in it, so what I did was get a custom connection plate made to fit the space where the door is so that the tunnel didn't need to be connected to the hutch directly. It also gave me the option of blocking the hooligans from going down the tunnel to the 8 foot run using the double door connection if I wanted to change the set up but also give them somewhere to run around whilst I did so. Plus it had the added benefit of keeping my hutch untouched and easier to keep warm and weatherproof in winter.

What I found useful was to also get a couple of junction boxes and the mesh tunnels as well as the binky box and pipes as it's meant that I can relatively easily extend the set up when new grass is needed. The junction box has proved useful when my hooligans have decided that they'll only go up one 8 foot tunnel but not the other one to bed so I've been able to take the roof of the junction box to catch them. I'm also able to add more tunnels and link the junction box using them to both sides of the binky box to give them a circuit to run round.

Looking at the picture of the shed it looks like it'll need a bit of renovation as I'm guessing that the mesh isn't weld mesh and the door seems to be missing so you could have a look at some of the shed set ups for some ideas but looking at the wire mesh a connection plate looks like your best option. Lucky you and bunnies, wish I could have a shed set up like that and be able to spend time with them sheltered in bad weather.

Thank you so much for your reply. It is a fair amount of money but I think they are flat pack too so will probably be worth the money for me.
I see, I might have to connect the tunnels to the door of the hutch as I can't modify the shed (rented accomm). But its good to here I can get a custom connection plate.
Going to have to plan what I can do!!

Back