• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

SORTED Rspca are going to pts 20 bunnies tomorrow

The problem with the R.S.P.C.A. is that on the whole they have no 'headquarters' where they can hold animals for any length of time. They are therefore stuck if there is literally no room in any of their establishments or with their boarding facilities.

But why can't they appeal on their own facebook page. Chances are they could have found homes before they needed to collect them.

its not about finding homes is it ... we don't know the conditions these rabbits are living in ... we don't know if they are fit and well or ill . Members of the public cant be allowed to go and and take them without checks being made ... so while homechecks / health checks etc are being down they still need rescue space . If its a realy bad place they are coming from then some may be put to slepp yes . If tyhey are just rehomed from there how would the rspca know if they would get the right treatment / care or just be left to suffer ?

Yes but if they don't have anywhere to put them whilst they look for homes then they cant. Yes other rescues can help but sometimes that isnt always great because if the rescue hasn't been checked and approved by the rspca then it could be a case of frying pan to fire for the animals

thank goodness .. someone who understands

I just think it's a shame they state they will pts at a certain time. If it is in the best interest of the bunnies (ie health reasons) then I think they should keep quiet and just get on with it. If not, then it just makes more people rush in to re-home without maybe thinking of the commitment they are making.
I don't know what the answer is. I just wish things were different.

I just think it's a shame they state they will pts at a certain time. If it is in the best interest of the bunnies (ie health reasons) then I think they should keep quiet and just get on with it. If not, then it just makes more people rush in to re-home without maybe thinking of the commitment they are making.
I don't know what the answer is. I just wish things were different.

This :?

There seemed to be a lot of interest from all sorts of people on their fb page.

I think killing an animal for being homeless is absolutely atrocious. There's always a way around it but this isn't the debate atm.

Glad they seem to be sorted. :)

Maybe the rescue that posted the post to start off with should have thought better of saying they were going to be pts - maybe they should have posted asking for help with an urgent situation & then messaged the rescues privately. Very naïve of them which has led to allsorts of unsuitable people offering homes & an awful lot of slanderous posts against the RSPCA.

At the end of the day it's no good bashing the RSPCA for not being able to accommodate every dumped or neglected animal in the UK - we should directing our frustrations at the people responsible i.e those who breed, dump, abuse & neglect animals!

Maybe the rescue that posted the post to start off with should have thought better of saying they were going to be pts - maybe they should have posted asking for help with an urgent situation & then messaged the rescues privately. Very naïve of them which has led to allsorts of unsuitable people offering homes & an awful lot of slanderous posts against the RSPCA.

At the end of the day it's no good bashing the RSPCA for not being able to accommodate every dumped or neglected animal in the UK - we should directing our frustrations at the people responsible i.e those who breed, dump, abuse & neglect animals!

well said

I wish there was a 'like' button on here!

I read the FB post as asking people if they could help, not as slagging off the RSPCA, but I can see how it can be read the other way. Even the largest RSPCA centres have a limit to their space available, and these bunnies do need to be health checked before rehoming / fostering, and potential carers need to be checked too, or the buns could end up in just as bad a place again.

I hope all the bunnies end up in good homes.

Post of the year! ^^^^

Back