• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping Veg fresh longer?

I found what works for us is banging in advance. We have a fridge for the rabbit stuff in our office so on shopping day I pop in the kale, carrot baton, sweetcorn, parsley, mint and swede into food bags i do 8 bags for the first 4 days then for the remain 2 or 3 days I use spring greens instead of kale as it seems to keep longer. They seem to last longer when they have been divided up than when I used to pack up on the day. Only maybe once a month do I need to buy a top up of veg during the week which I put down to a bad batch probably been poorly stored or close to expiration at time of purchase.

:oops::oops::oops: mis-read the title...

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm afraid I'm a bit of a mean bunny mummy because I don't buy veg especially for the bunnies, they get the leaves from the cauliflowers, stalks from broccoli etc etc. as we eat a lot of veg there's always something for them though :thumb:

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm afraid I'm a bit of a mean bunny mummy because I don't buy veg especially for the bunnies, they get the leaves from the cauliflowers, stalks from broccoli etc etc. as we eat a lot of veg there's always something for them though :thumb:

Tut tut, those poor bunnehs of yours being starved :roll:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have to buy veg especially for the buns otherwise they wouldn't get any as I don't eat it so there wouldn't be any in :lol:

I have to buy veg especially for the buns otherwise they wouldn't get any as I don't eat it so there wouldn't be any in :lol:
I have frozen veg which I take to work in a pot each day, so I buy fresh special for Lopsy. He doesn't get fruit except de-seeded apple cores, maybe a bit of banana if I remember before I eat it all and he doesn't like anything else. Until the forage starts back up again, that is!

Back