• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've upset my bunny

Mazzy

Young Bun
So I've upset one of my buns. So in 2 months Buck has destroyed 5 vet bed covers. He rips them to sheds both with his claws and using his mouth. He would rip them to shreds until he had enough room to lay on the cold metal tray of the dog crate. So as it was costing a fortune in vet bed and with the risk of eating some of it whilst ripping up, we opted to tile the base with really good non slip bathroom floor tiles as it was too slippy with nothing, newspaper lasting less than 5 minutes and Lino suffering a similar fate.
imagejpg1_zps0307e9d6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Well we are well and truly in the bad books now he hates it and is literally living in his litter tray with a grumpy look on his face. He won't go into his house area even tho we have put the remains of the vet bed in there. Thinking the tiling it was a mistake now, just hoping he gets use to it. I know he's a funny bun and like house cleaning all the time, if we or Paws put a toy in the cage he puts it back out in the living room so I'm hoping it's just a case of he didn't authorise the change to the flooring.

I know he's a funny bun and like house cleaning all the time, if we or Paws put a toy in the cage he puts it back out in the living room so I'm hoping it's just a case of he didn't authorise the change to the flooring.

Oh dear, he is a fuss-a-holic, LOL. What a sweetie, but what a nightmare for you... I picked up some really nice ceramic floor tiles off Freecycle here earlier this year, only to realise they were too slippy for my bun. Have you tried putting a fleece down on the tiles, or maybe one of the small rag rugs you can get sometimes in Poundland over the tiles?

Lol he certainly is a fuss-a-holic that describes him perfectly think it's due to Paws being the dominant one so its the one thing he can control. I was going to buy a bath mat tomorrow, I just it hope it fairs better than the fleece I once put in which was treated with disgust screwed up and scooped out with his paws. He was a 2 year veteran at the RSPCA until August living in a enclosure with a concrete floor and a cat carrier, so how he has the cheek to be so fussy now I don't know. I did wonder about it being too slippy but Paws when she does her mad dash use the cage as part of this run and seems to have no issues. I swear he worries me all the time with his funny habits, nervousness and moods, Paws is just the alpha opposite with only her constant face humping of Buck being a issue.

o_O he's a Victor Meldrew of buns then? LOL. Binks always nudges and shoves her fleece across her homebase cage. I've never seen her lie on it! At least she has fun doing it I guess... Someone posted about hemp flooring recently. I bought a small piece off Amazon to go under a new Kerbel Shelter I got for for bun for Christmas, so it hasn't been tried out so far. It's edible anyway and might be worth a try if your bath mat gets spurned or eaten... Let us know how the bath mat works? I looked at a few, as loved Luna's Rosies' one, but was a little worried Binks would eat it if i got one.... :)

o_O he's a Victor Meldrew of buns then? LOL. Binks always nudges and shoves her fleece across her homebase cage. I've never seen her lie on it! At least she has fun doing it I guess... Someone posted about hemp flooring recently. I bought a small piece off Amazon to go under a new Kerbel Shelter I got for for bun for Christmas, so it hasn't been tried out so far. It's edible anyway and might be worth a try if your bath mat gets spurned or eaten... Let us know how the bath mat works? I looked at a few, as loved Luna's Rosies' one, but was a little worried Binks would eat it if i got one.... :)

So we tried hemp flooring first ......

imagejpg2_zpsa39d5a17.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Less than 24 hours later ........

imagejpg1_zps6808164a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is all that remains... Think Buck is going to have to learn to love the tiles he has free reign of the lounge so has plenty of carpet to choose from or the pet carrier which has a small off cut of the remains of the vet bed in the bottom. He is moving about now on the tiles so i think it was just a strop with the unauthorised change. They are just too use to the concrete flooring of the RSPCA me thinks and we are trying too hard to please them.

I see the hemp has gone down more than a treat then :p LOL I love the first pic it's sooo idyliic.. and then you see the follow up photo, even Buck looks disapproving of the mess he's made outside! Hahahha,:)

Last edited:
Back