• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Gone off her veg

Kate1990

Young Bun
Hi just a quick question about Tilly :)
She normally has pellets for breakfast and coriander or parsley for her tea
For the last 3 days she's completely gone off her veg she gets exited as usual when is dinner time and I go to fridge but then she sniffs her veg and walks off
I know she has appetite because after a an hour of her veg just sat there I opened the cupboard where her pellets are and she runs around me exited and goes straight to her bowl
And Waits for her pellets and theyv gone in 5 mins
Her poos are normal and she seems fine in her self.
Just wonderd wether to be worried or can they just go off her veg ?
What else should I feed her if she won't have her normal parsley and coriander
Sorry for the long winded post ha ha
Xxx

:wave: It maybe that she needs more variety.

Mine love Basil, Broccoli, Kale, Mint. I try and vary what they have each day :)

I often find a bunny gets picky when they have too much to fill their belly with pellet wise. Then the veg becomes 'take it or leave it' as the pellets almost always win.

If she's already only having a small handful (I use an egg cup full for two buns, once a day) then certainly she may have got bored of parsley and coriander. Other veg should brighten up her life - and yours :wave:

Yeah she gets an egg cup of pellets in a morning and then normally had veg on a night but I just thought until she gets back on her veg feed her pellets in a Morning and night
Is that okay ? I'll have a look around the shop tonight try her with some different veg :) thanks for the replies :) xxx

Back