• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another New Person!

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
Hi everyone! My name's Dawn and I've just taken on an unwanted half-dwarf buck called Lopsy. He used to be called Flopsy and was advertised in communications with his previous owner as a dwarf female lop: at least the lop bit was right :D I used to have a buck Netherland dwarf who died in 1998 when he was almost 11: not bad for a kid in the 80s/90s! I've come here because a lot's changed since 1987: partly I'm bigger, but also there's lots more decent advice available and I'd like to make use of it to get 10+ years out of my new bunny, and whoever we get for his companion.

Hi everyone! My name's Dawn and I've just taken on an unwanted half-dwarf buck called Lopsy. He used to be called Flopsy and was advertised in communications with his previous owner as a dwarf female lop: at least the lop bit was right :D I used to have a buck Netherland dwarf who died in 1998 when he was almost 11: not bad for a kid in the 80s/90s! I've come here because a lot's changed since 1987: partly I'm bigger, but also there's lots more decent advice available and I'd like to make use of it to get 10+ years out of my new bunny, and whoever we get for his companion.

Lopsy sounds like a very lucky boy to have found you! Hope we can be of help and please feel free to ask anything! :)

Morning!!

A lovely welcome to you and Lopsy!! Nice to see you here!!

Fee xxx

Ps, we insist on pics, go on you know you want to:thumb:

Man, you guys ARE demanding >D Here's the pic of Lopsy I took on my 'phone the day we got him:

BvLVzgMCIAIBikl.jpg:large

He's all sorts of different shades and textures and, as you can see him starting to here, great at demolishing dandelions. Loves blackberry/bramble, raspberry, strawberry, rose, artichoke, hazel and mallow leaves, unfussed by fruit (refused a strawberry!), will eat celery after everything else has gone but still before gooseberry leaves and will do anything for his 'bunny beans' (pellets) ;P Binkies with carrots too: the other half said he was going mental around his run the other day with a carrot in his mouth...! Likes sitting on higher ground and has just got the hang of the 'beans in tubes' game.

One day I might find my photos of my first bun, Charlie, and scan them in... Blue moons and all that!

Hi :wave: handsome little fella you have there welcome to RU. If there are any questions you need to ask just ask as there will be lost of good advice from people in the know.🐰

Hey and welcome! :wave: what a gorgeous boy Lopsy is. I look forward to hearing about his adventures and relationships! 

Back