• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

grass tray for indoor bunnies

Rushrabbit

Young Bun
Has anyone tried growing grass from seed in a tray for indoor bunnies to play with and eat? Do they like it? Can you use regular lawn seed?

Has anyone tried growing grass from seed in a tray for indoor bunnies to play with and eat? Do they like it? Can you use regular lawn seed?

I have a tray of grass for mine that I grew from seeds. I bought the seeds from The Hay Experts though but I think regular grass seed would be fine.

I tend to just clip from the top and feed it to them fresh as I'm afraid they will make a big mess if I just gave them the tray indoors. But I guess it would work well and they would love the fresh grass! :wave:

It's a good idea but a tray won't last long. I read somewhere a long time ago that someone had turfed their living room, now I am not suggesting you do this as you might not be very popular with your OH. But it was funny to read of it at the time.

It's a good idea but a tray won't last long. I read somewhere a long time ago that someone had turfed their living room, now I am not suggesting you do this as you might not be very popular with your OH. But it was funny to read of it at the time.

Wow! Would love to read how that was done .. drainage etc .. NOT that I am in the slightest thinking of doing it :shock:

I grow wheatgrass in trays for the buns. I've just ordered another 20kg of wheatgrass seeds, so I'd better get planting, or else make them into those wheat bags that you can warm up in the microwave :wave:

I got some grass, plantain and dandelion seeds from the hay experts to plant in trays for my 2. Tested the grass seeds first and have a nice pot of Timothy grass waiting for them when they come home from bonding on Sunday. It's going to last about 2 mins if I'm lucky! I have a spare litter tray I am going to use next time. The plantain and dandelion are taking longer to grow in an old water bowl.

Back