• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question about forage..

tashp90

Warren Veteran
I ordered some from Parsnipbun (I'm sure lots of us have) and the buns are really enjoying it. Just wondering if there's a limit on how much I should give them each day? I'm slowly increasing as it has been their first time with the various plants/grasses, but wondering if there is a limit on how much they should have?

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

I ordered some from Parsnipbun (I'm sure lots of us have) and the buns are really enjoying it. Just wondering if there's a limit on how much I should give them each day? I'm slowly increasing as it has been their first time with the various plants/grasses, but wondering if there is a limit on how much they should have?

Mine have no limits. But it can be fattening!

H has unlimited dried forage and a handful of fresh per day. I've been able to reduce his pellets accordingly. He doesn't DO hay though (albeit he does specially grown Timothy grass......).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H has unlimited dried forage and a handful of fresh per day. I've been able to reduce his pellets accordingly. He doesn't DO hay though (albeit he does specially grown Timothy grass......).

I think I'll limit them to a handful between the smaller two, and a handful for Marble. It will help me cut down the little ones pellets too :thumb:

What forage? If it's willow don't give her it if she's on metacam lovely :wave:

Its a bag of mixed from Parsnipbun.
Just looked at a picture and list and there are willow leaves in there, but they've only come out in m & d's selection I think. Marble is having plantain and goosegrass.

Out of interest, why no willow?

ETA: just found that ita because it contains aspirin? Also saw that its mainly in the bark which she definitely hasn't had. Will make sure she definitely doesn't have any :thumb:

Last edited:
Its a bag of mixed from Parsnipbun.
Just looked at a picture and list and there are willow leaves in there, but they've only come out in m & d's selection I think. Marble is having plantain and goosegrass.

Out of interest, why no willow?

ETA: just found that ita because it contains aspirin? Also saw that its mainly in the bark which she definitely hasn't had. Will make sure she definitely doesn't have any :thumb:

Yes lovely, I only just found this out too from a Facebook group run by a experienced forage lady :wave: I wanted to give some to willow (my bunny) but so within was telling me not to, so I checked with who and she said no! :wave:

Yes lovely, I only just found this out too from a Facebook group run by a experienced forage lady :wave: I wanted to give some to willow (my bunny) but so within was telling me not to, so I checked with who and she said no! :wave:

Thanks for the warning :wave: :) I'll be sure not to give her any.
How's Iris doing?

Oh, that's a really useful tip. I didn't know that. I don't think H had willow when on Metacam over Christmas but I'll make sure he doesn't in future. Perhaps we could make that a sticky somewhere?

I presume it's either an effect on the Metacam or risk of OD.

It's fine for healthy buns so far as I know :)

i gave bisc willow and he's on metacam :? i thought someone on the forage thread asked and was told it would be fine??

Thanks for the warning :wave: :) I'll be sure not to give her any.
How's Iris doing?

Aw thanks for asking about her :wave: she's eating and pooping :thumb: still feeling bit sorry for herself though :cry:and she hates me more than she did before especially now I have to give her meds and check her belly :roll:

Think there should definitely be q sticky about metacam and willow. I read on an old thread that it is mostly in the bark of a willow tree, and that people were giving it as a pain relief when they didn't have metacam
i gave bisc willow and he's on metacam :? i thought someone on the forage thread asked and was told it would be fine??
I've read that its mostly in the bark if the tree so leaves may be fine

Aw thanks for asking about her :wave: she's eating and pooping :thumb: still feeling bit sorry for herself though :cry:and she hates me more than she did before especially now I have to give her meds and check her belly :roll:

Oh, I know that feeling! If I'm not giving nose rubs or food, I get some pretty evil looks! She also won't take the meds so I'm having to disguise them :lol:

Good that she's eating, especially as that's what was concerning you :thumb:

Back