• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many pellets and when?

aaammmyyy

Mama Doe
Both rabbits get a bowl of science selective pellets at about 9am every day.
They dont get many pellets, they get more than an egg cup full because they're strange shapes but when they're in the bowl you can still see the bottom of the bowl too.
I put all their old hay into their litter trays and put fresh hay in and sprinkle some forage over at 9 too.

Bellas pellets are gone by about 10 because shes a pig :lol:
And binkys by about 11
Then they graze on hay
Then they get some vegtables every other day at about 12-1, they eat their vegtables (binky doesn't ever eat her vegtables but today she did :shock: ) then they graze until 9 the next morning

Ive just got into this routine and now ive seen on another thread people giving their rabbits pellets at night time too?
its hard to keep up :lol:
Is it reccomened? What is best?
Just as I thought id perfected their diets :lol:

Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

If your buns are maintaining a good weight on your schedule, I'd stick to it. Sounds like you're doing a good job. All bunnies and their owners are different. You could split the pellets up if you preferred to, but if they're maintaining a good weight I wouldn't increase the amount necessarily. :D

I think what you're doing sounds perfect :thumb:

Different routines work well for different people but as long as you're happy and the bunnies are healthy, that's all that matters.

I think what you're doing sounds perfect :thumb:

Different routines work well for different people but as long as you're happy and the bunnies are healthy, that's all that matters.

If your buns are maintaining a good weight on your schedule, I'd stick to it. Sounds like you're doing a good job. All bunnies and their owners are different. You could split the pellets up if you preferred to, but if they're maintaining a good weight I wouldn't increase the amount necessarily. :D

It doesn't make a diffrence to me about when they get their pellets, but I was thinking the worst...then I remebered that some people have rabbits on a hay only diet, and that its just bella being a piggy that makes it seem bad :lol:
Ill keep it the same, seeing as they're getting the same amount of pellets - they could pace themselves if they wanted and make them last all day..but they dont :lol:
I suppose some people just give the same amount but gradually!

I'm amazed that the pellets take them that long to eat - I scatter feed an eggcupful each and they are hoovered up immediately, probably within 2 minutes.:lol:

I'm amazed that the pellets take them that long to eat - I scatter feed an eggcupful each and they are hoovered up immediately, probably within 2 minutes.:lol:

I study from 9-10, so I give them their pellets then go and do some coursework for an hour - I come back and bellas are gone, but binky still has afew left :lol:
If I watched bella, they'd probably be gone in two minutes too :lol:

I give my two their pellets in one sitting too, also in the morning. They do give me the 'starved bunny' look in the afternoon but to be honest I think I could feed them pellets all day and they'd still try that one to get more!

I give my two their pellets in one sitting too, also in the morning. They do give me the 'starved bunny' look in the afternoon but to be honest I think I could feed them pellets all day and they'd still try that one to get more!

Oh good, its not just me getting the starved bunny look then :lol:
Bella will become all affectionate begging for nose rubs when really she wants more pellets :lol:

I would of though rabbits wouldn't enjoy pellets, and that they are like vegtables are to us
But they seem to be more of a treat :lol:

Oh good, its not just me getting the starved bunny look then :lol:
Bella will become all affectionate begging for nose rubs when really she wants more pellets :lol:

I would of though rabbits wouldn't enjoy pellets, and that they are like vegtables are to us
But they seem to be more of a treat :lol:

Oh no it's not just you. The way mine go off, you'd think I never feed them! Especially Slipper! Total food ***** that one is! Will do absolutely anything for food!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no it's not just you. The way mine go off, you'd think I never feed them! Especially Slipper! Total food ***** that one is! Will do absolutely anything for food!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im pretty sure bella would suck in her belly to show her ribs if she was a human just to beg for more food :lol:
Binky isnt too fussed, she paces herself more with her pellets :lol:

Back