• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thumping?

tashp90

Warren Veteran
Daisy has been thumping for the last few minutes and I have no idea why. She has thumped once before but only did it once or twice, she is doing it every few seconds at the moment.

What causes buns to thump?

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

They can hear or smell something that has frightened them so they thump to warn others of the danger.

I just stroke Doughnut and give her a little treat. Sometimes she thumps and then I hear a helicopter a few minutes after.

She thumped a few times and then ran under the sofa, maizie didn't flinch though, she just carried on munching :?

Maybe she heard or smelt a fox. Something spooked her. I just stroke and chat to Doughnut and give her a little something and then she seems better.

Not sure if she would hear or smell a fox, im in a first floor flat?
she is fine now, it was just strange how she reacted to something, but Maizie didn't. I haven't heard anything out of the ordinary, but i obviously don't have as good hearing :lol:
there is a dog across the landing from us, maybe she made a noise that i was oblivious to, but Daisy heard

When Humphrey was inside I'd occasionally hear him thumping a few times. No idea what caused it but just sitting with him, and food of course seemed to calm him.

She didn't seem particularly distressed, she was just sat in one place, thumped, few seconds later, moved, thumped, etc. She's absolutely fine now, throwing toys all over the place :roll:
she only likes being stroked on her terms so i just left her to it but kept an eye on her, and and ear out

I think Mylo may be an odd one - She often thumps then goes mad with binkies! Or whilst doing bunny 500s she'll stop, thump, then carry on! Crazy thing :roll:

I think Mylo may be an odd one - She often thumps then goes mad with binkies! Or whilst doing bunny 500s she'll stop, thump, then carry on! Crazy thing :roll:

I just read that they thump when they're happy too..such complex animals :roll:

Fright, anger, temper tantrum, weather conditions changing...........in my experience all of these can cause thumping. I've never heard of a bunny thumping because of excitement. Well I live and learn.

Now Maizey, Daisy................sleep tight you adorable little bunnies.

Oh and Tash.........they are still very young and learning about life so this thumping could just be a ' learning' curve, as they haven't ever , in human terms, experienced any form of trauma.

Fright, anger, temper tantrum, weather conditions changing...........in my experience all of these can cause thumping. I've never heard of a bunny thumping because of excitement. Well I live and learn.

Now Maizey, Daisy................sleep tight you adorable little bunnies.

Oh and Tash.........they are still very young and learning about life so this thumping could just be a ' learning' curve, as they haven't ever , in human terms, experienced any form of trauma.

It was Daisy, probably a temper tantrum :lol:
i read that it can be out of happiness/excitement when i googled it..not sure how true it is.

Maizie and Daisy's response to sleep tight: "lolz no. We sleeps all day so we gonz be noisy buns tonight"

It was Daisy, probably a temper tantrum :lol:
i read that it can be out of happiness/excitement when i googled it..not sure how true it is.

Maizie and Daisy's response to sleep tight: "lolz no. We sleeps all day so we gonz be noisy buns tonight"

Sleep tight.......Maizey, Daisy and of course.....mummy. xxx

Maddie does this sometimes where she'll stop dead and thump and move and thump again. It's never for any reason that I can hear but I'm in a first floor flat and I wonder if it's downstairs making a noise she's not use to, that I can't hear or feel.

Maddie also thumps when she is displeased I have taken too long to fetch some food :lol: but I know when she is doing that thump!

Maddie does this sometimes where she'll stop dead and thump and move and thump again. It's never for any reason that I can hear but I'm in a first floor flat and I wonder if it's downstairs making a noise she's not use to, that I can't hear or feel.

Maddie also thumps when she is displeased I have taken too long to fetch some food :lol: but I know when she is doing that thump!

I have put it down to something that i couldnt here, just thought it was strange that Maizie didnt do anything. Maizie is a lot more laid back.though

I have put it down to something that i couldnt here, just thought it was strange that Maizie didnt do anything. Maizie is a lot more laid back.though

Yeh Millie doesn't seem to react at the same time Maddie does. Maddie can be a little madam! Mill does occasionally thump at new people and also occasionally after being picked up but not at things I can't figure out like Mad does.

Yeh Millie doesn't seem to react at the same time Maddie does. Maddie can be a little madam! Mill does occasionally thump at new people and also occasionally after being picked up but not at things I can't figure out like Mad does.

I havent known Maizie to thump yet, i think she is just so confident, trusting, and laid back. Daisy is polar opposite, she is alot more wary of anything new, strange noises etc. :Lol:

Out of all my bunnies, Slipper is the only one to thump. He's a diva bun though so he's probably having a temper tantrum :roll:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a very small guy who thumps simply to gain my attention. He knows he's almost too small to be seen so he thumps and whimpers when he bounds into the kitchen so I know he's there and can give him a treat :lol:

Back