• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New to this site

Hello, I've been a rabbit owner for about 2.5 years now. I had a fatality just before last xmas with my most favourite bunny and a near fatality with her greedy sister due to worms from neighbouring cats. It's taught me a lot about taking care of rabbits and that there's no skipping corners, so once the surviving sister was well enough and worm-free we took her on a bunny date at a fairly local bunny rescue centre. She immediately bonded with a male around her age and since then they've been the best of partners with just the occassional squabble when she has way more of her share and needs to be reminded she's not the only bunny in the house.

We've taken as much care as possible to make sure they're happy and healthy. Moving house was a good decision both for myself and my husband and our bunnies as they had no grass to graze on at the last place. Now they have a small garden to play on and munch down so we never have to mow the lawn. They're eating it faster than it's regrowing. There's also a small vegetable patch that was built up at one side of the garden and already we've spotted mint, thale cress and dandelions growing on it. I put in some strawberry plants I was growing last year and temporarily put in a raspberry cane and blackberry cane until my husband buys some roundup to pour on the other side of the garden where we think most the plants growing there aren't rabbit friendly and have a massive network of thick roots going several feet deep, and we could use the area for all the raspberry and blackberry plants we'll be getting for years to come. :p There's a gigantic rosemary bush and lavender bush growing at the ends so we want to try to keep those from being damaged by the weedkiller as the bunnies absolutely love the fresh rosemary.

I began writing a wiki a few days ago to try to identify as many plants growing in the UK as possible that are rabbit friendly. I never realised it would become such a large project as there are so many various species sharing the same common name, some are toxic, so it's a lot of work in not only hunting down what species they are and closeup pictures to help with the identification, but whether they're safe for rabbit consumption, and not to mention contradicting advice from different sites. It's giving me ideas also on how to arrange my garden as I look at the array of beautiful looking plants that are available. We've also got a small verge nearby growing wild with dock, dandelions, nettles and cleavers which they're quite happy to scoff down after I grab a basket load and wash them at home.

Last edited:
Hi. Welcome. Please link us to your wiki. Would be great to see. :)

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk

Back