• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice needed please!

tigerlilyb84

Young Bun
Hi all, advice needed please. I have four bonded house bunnies, 3 boys around 2 years old, Dexter, Freddie and Thumper, and a girl, Daisey, who is about 8. They've been together since last August and have generally got on great. Freddie has never been that bothered about the others and Dexter and Thumper have always had the strongest bond.

Anyway... recently Daisey has started to show her age
She's lost weight and is a little more frail. She's seen the vet who thinks she may have had pneumonia which has caused some damage to her lungs. Apart from the weight loss she is eating fine and generally happy on herself. The problem I have is that Thumper has become quite aggressive towards her. Its got to the stage now where every time she gets near him he growls and chases her, sometimes pulling fur. I worry about her as she is frail and to be honest it's starting to stress me out. Should I split them into pairs (Dex and Thumper, Daisey and Fred) or is there anything I can do to try to fix this?

Sometimes a rabbit will bully a sick/frail rabbit so if it were me I would separate Daisy and keep her on her own now. She will probably enjoy the peace. If you keep her with your other rabbit, then something happens to Daisy, it might not be easy to reintroduce him to the other boys.

Back