• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on switching mix

mollyjoker

Mama Doe
Need to switch molly and smokey off Wagg Bunny Brunch to
a healthier option.
Molly is having regular dentals so trying to do anything I can to
help.
They have a lot of free range time and graze a lot.
After good advice here am giving them more dandelion leaves and bramble leaves.
Molly is not a big hay eater .
Any help appreciated.:wave:

Mine have Burgess Excel Light as it has a good amount of fibre, but I think some people have found Excel has not suited their rabbits. All I can say is to make any change very gradually. Don't know what quantity of pellets you feed? I've found that about an eggcupful each once a day keeps my rabbits eating huge quantities of hay - all to the good!

I use science selective and Fibafirst. What I would say is that if you're feeding a large amount of mix now, cut that down gradually then as you start to cut it down to around an egg cup per day, start adding the chosen pellets about 1/10 at a time. Also make sure you provide lots of fresh hay in the cutting down process.

If she's not a good hay eater try www.timothyhay.co.uk and www.hayforpets.co.uk

If still no hay eating cut out everything apart from 1 egg cup off pellets/mix and feed that only.

Back