• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bereaved bunny

pol287

Warren Scout
We lost our Benny on Thursday, he was 7 years old. We had adopted him four and a half years ago from Fat Fluffs as a partner for our little Snuffles. We allowed Snuffles time with Benny's body so she knew he had died. Thursday and Friday she was fine, we had bought her a cuddly toy which she grooms. However, today she is not eating or drinking very much and has become very aggressive, not letting us go near her without pouncing and nipping. Very concerned about her behaviour and welfare. :(

:cry:.. i'm sorry to hear of your loss...Binky free little one, x

Have you tried tempting her with herbs or something really nommy? maybe give her a little cuddly toy to groom and sit beside. i did this with Willow when Floppy died.. it seemed to help

All the best
Fee x

Could she be in pain? Worth a vet trip perhaps. I hope you get it sorted, bless her.

She has a cuddly toy, she attacked it at first but now sits and grooms it. She will eat some coriander and dill but isn't interested in hay or pellets. She really looks depressed and lonely, which makes it hard when she attacks us, all we want to do is give her some fuss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

have you maybe tried giving her a wee bit of fibreplex to try to keep her gut moving?

maybe a wee tiny bit of pineapple juice in water to encourage her to drink more too, If no improvement, perhaps take her to the vets to be on the safe side...

i really hope she picks up soon, wee pet.. Xxx

Wondering how soon after the loss of Benny should we get her bonded with another bunny?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i bonded Willow within the week... sadly the bond to 2 brothers broke down, causing the 2 brothers to fight... she is now with Smudge,,, I didnt leave it too long as she's an outdoor bunny..

good luck with a difficult choice...

fee x

Back