• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutches for sale in Wiltshire?

bunnylover1995

Alpha Buck
I know this is a long shot.

Anyone selling a hutch in Wiltshire?

I need a cheap-ish hutch asap, as I'm going on holiday soon and want a more secure house for them, a 5ft 2 tier would be optimum, but I'll take anything really.

I can't collect as I don't drive but I'll be happy to pay fuel costs.

The hutch my girls are currently in needs to be more secure as they're being moved out of my fenced garden and I'm worried that someone might try and take them while we're on holiday :/

They're going to a neighbour who's going to look after them, as there's no access to our garden except through the house. :/

Also, those hutches are a lot of money.

I know that a 5ft hutch is too small by the "official" standards, but that's all that will fit in the shady part of my garden because my dad's getting a new shed, and the hutch can't go on the grass. Plus they free-range every day and they'll have a permanent run :D

Last edited:
If you trust them with your pets, can't you trust them with a key? Seems like a waste to buy a hutch just for a holiday to put in your neighbour's garden.

Spare key is going to someone else who is going to check on the house!

Plus, she doesn't really want to have to walk over here, we're not "next door" neighbours, it's a bit of a traipse.

The new hutch will then stay at my nans house after the holiday, so I can take the buns with me when I'm at hers. :)

Could you get the neighbour who's looking after the bunnies to check on the house? Then you've only got one set of people coming round so no problem that you've only got one spare key.

You could get another spare key made? Or just leave one of yours?

Also, £115 is dirt cheap for a hutch.

Have you checked eBay and preloved?

Oh okay... can't the person who's doing the buns check the house? Or vice versa? I don't really know what your time frame is for finding a cheap hutch. If you're going to keep it and use it elsewhere then you want to make sure it's not too cheap i.e. likely to fall apart!

oh okay... Can't the person who's doing the buns check the house? Or vice versa? I don't really know what your time frame is for finding a cheap hutch. If you're going to keep it and use it elsewhere then you want to make sure it's not too cheap i.e. Likely to fall apart!

Jinx!

£115 isn't that cheap at all!

My bank balance currently stands at £2.52, I have to borrow the money off my parents. :oops:

The person who's checking on the house knows nothing about rabbits, but is a close family friend and so knows the house well enough to check on windows, access points and what not. Whereas my neighbour has owned many rabbits before and so will be able to clean them out and do health checks etc.

Plus like I said I NEED this hutch for afterwards, as my nan needs more health support and it's not fair to leave my parents to look after the rabbits.

I've checked preloved, gum-tree, ebay, fb etc. But they're either too small, don't deliver, too far away or too expensive.

Back