• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor bunnnnies?

bunnylover1995

Alpha Buck
So although I've just redesigned their outdoor accommodation, I'm thinking of bringing them in :lol: and using the outdoor set up as a run. I've been offered two of these for £35

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/rabbit-cottage-indoor-hutch-by-ferplast-(available-in-selected-stores-only)-85905

And I was thinking of removing the end pannels and making one long hutch. They would have full run of my room, and possibly the hallway/bathroom when I'm in and all night, and would be put outside in the hutch/run when it's not too hot. Do you think this would be okay? It should be about 7ft long on two levels, and will go underneath my window against the radiator (I never turn my radiator on).

Also, how hard is it to keep indoor rabbits, and to make sure they don't erm... smell lol... :oops:

I have loads of wires and places to hide in my room and I'm not sure how to block them off either.

So yeah, basically would this housing be okay? And is it better to have indoor buns or outdoor ones?

If this isn't suitable I'm going to add a 3ft hutch with underrun to my outdoor hutch to make it 8ft :)

I clean PMs litter every day. He doesn't smell at all. I think it's good to clean every day because you can see if they are pooping and peeing ok anyway.

As for bunny proofing, been a nightmare at mine because I have lots of stuff I don't want little teeth to destroy, my flat is covered in NIC cubes to block furniture and wires. Probably spent £80 on them.

The housing you've got there will be ok I think if you could join them together, but not sure that would be as easy as you think. I'd suggest getting a puppy exercise pen instead, you can get one for same amount of money :)

Back