• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"Tonic food"

hoppetylop

Mama Doe
Hello all.Im after ideas for food for my bun which will support his immune system and aid his recovery from a long term health issue-foods which will act as a tonic really.
He already has a varied healthy diet but id like to concentrate on "healing"food.

OMG a binky that is just the best news ever :D Do you know what as he is doing so well, and if he has a good diet anyway I really wouldn't make any changes, would be a disaster if it upset him in any way and caused a setback. To be honest the Recovery food is just that, and if he liked being cuddled and syringe fed that, then there is no reason why you couldn't still do that once or twice a day, just to top him up. Can't wait to hear about his binky when we talk x

I have a feeling Milk Thistle is very good but whether you can get it dried out of season I don't know.

You can get dry echinacea - usually the whole plant (stem, leaves, flowers) dried and chopped to fit in the little bags. I used to get it from Jolleyes. It is supposed to be good for the immune system.

Any herbs and a range of forage eg blackberry leaves should help. The herbs contain various oils (hence the strong smell and taste) and are high fibre.

Back