• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Honey 23/08/10 - 12/04/13 RIP sweetie pie xxxxx

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I can't believe I am having to do this :cry: I thought this day would be years from now. It is already 8 days since Honey passed away, but I haven't been able to face this until now. Honey was so so special that she deserves a tribute of her own, so here goes....

Honey, my baby girl, you were only 4 weeks old when I first saw your lovely little face :love: Daddy and I wanted 2 baby lop eared bunnies and we found a breeder nearby (I know better now, but you were the best decision I ever made). There were 3 of you with your mummy, and we felt bad that the other one would be left on his own, but we chose you and Olly.

I visited you every week until you were old enough to come home with us, my little bundles of fluff :love: You lived downstairs at first and had loads of fun doing bunny 500's round the lounge and binkying everywhere.

When you were a few months old we had to separate you so that there wouldn't be any accidents, and you were neutered. You hated being on your own during this time, I'm sorry you were sad, it broke my heart, especially when you started pulling all your fur out :( at one point your tail disappeared which was just awful.
But I spent 3 days camped out in an upstairs bedroom with you and Olly, re-bonding you so you could be together again :love:
It was so lovely to see you washing each other and snuggling up, and chasing each other all over the place

You knew that Olly wasn't quite as able as you, and you helped him so much darling, sitting by the door to your house while he slept, making sure nothing was going to happen to him, and washing the bits of him he couldn't reach because of his tilty head. You were so clever and so lovely :love:

Before you were neutered you didn't really like being stroked, but when your hormones had died down you started to love it; you loved me massaging your ears and stroking your tummy when you did big flops after your breakfast :love:

Maybe your tummy was sore for a long time, and that's why you liked me stroking it :( I wish you'd been able to tell me sweetie pie. Sometimes I could feel lumpy bits when I stroked you there, but I thought it was because you'd just eaten and it was bits of food passing through. I'm so sorry I didn't realise :cry:

You had lots of fun living upstairs with Olly, you loved hiding under our bed for hours on end, it was like a massive den for you :love: you used to love digging up the duvet, you spent ages on the spare bed doing that!!! You were so inquisitive, you always wanted to see what was going on, and when we hoovered you had to come and inspect everywhere afterwards to make sure we hadn't missed a bit :love:

At mealtimes you went crazy, racing round my legs, periscoping and trying to climb up me to get at your food! I miss your cheeky little face so so much :cry: and most of all, I miss coming to see you after work every day and you giving me lots of licks on the nose :love: you were such a sweetheart

Sometimes you got sick, I think most of the time you had swallowed too much fur when grooming Olly, as you always seemed to do a big furry poop after having all your meds, then you were alright again. Every time I was worried sick about you, but you were always fine the next day.

This is why I can't believe you've gone, Honey Pie; you were always ok again, but not this time :cry:

On Friday 5 April you had your breakfast with Olly as usual, then straight after you started pressing your tummy on the floor. I offered you a drink, and you had some water, as this always helped you feel better. But then you went to hide in your house instead of chilling with Olly, and you wouldn't eat any hay :( You just sat there looking sad and in pain, so I took you to the vets, thinking they would give you fluids and tummy meds and you'd be ok again. But a few hours later you were still the same so I took you back. You had X-rays to see if you were blocked up, and Sophie thought you should be admitted, but there wouldn't be anyone there overnight, so I had to take you to the emergency vets where I promised I would never take you, after they messed Olly up :( I'm so so sorry sweetie, if I had taken you to a better doctor sooner you might still be here now :cry: You stayed there for three days while they gave you IV fluids and all sorts of drugs, and you were so scared. It tore me apart having to leave you, but I needed you to get better, and I couldn't treat you myself :( nothing seemed to work. We visited you every day and you really perked up when we were there, you kept putting your little paws on my legs as if to say 'Please take me home mummy, I hate it here!' You munched on the hay we offered you and did some little dropppings, and even jumped on my knee at one point :love: I know you just wanted to come home with us :cry:
I decided that if you stayed there you weren't going to improve, you were too scared to relax, so I took you home and you had a night with Olly. He was worried because you didn't smell the same and you just sat there :( You still wouldn't eat hardly anything, although you did relax a lot more by the morning. I had to take you back to Sophie, your normal vet, the next day as I had to go to work. She set you up in a crate in a consultation room so you wouldn't be near any dogs and cats, and gave you a bunny buffet to tempt you to eat. You did quite well, everyone was rooting for you and trying to help you, but the meds still weren't working. I took you home overnight again and you stayed with me in my room so that Olly didn't stress you out I didn't sleep a wink all night, I kept stroking you and you kept trying to poop but hardly anything came out :( I know you were hurting in the night, I heard you grinding your teeth and breathing faster :( I just felt so helpless :( By the morning I was worried sick, it had been 5 days by this point and Sophie didn't know what else to do, so she rang Aiden at Ashleigh vets and we transferred you over there. When we got there he examined you and then went to look at your X-rays that Sophie had emailed over. While we waited, I snuggled you on the table and you kept licking my arm :love: I think you knew that you were really poorly and you weren't going to see me again :cry: I cried my heart out when I left you again Honey-Pie. I wished I had taken you to Aiden in the first place :cry: the next day he rang me and said he could feel lumps behind your stomach which shouldn't be there, so he did an ultrasound to have a look. He still couldn't tell what they were, but it was quite late in the day so you stayed another night. You had barely eaten for a week by the time friday came, and Aiden rang to say you were a lot weaker and your anaesthetic would be risky, but he had to do it to find out what was wrong darling. I was a mess that day, waiting for news. It was bad news :cry: he rang me at 12.55pm to say you had passed away under anaesthetic :cry: i howled down the phone, I couldn't believe you weren't coming home :cry: you just weren't strong enough to make it through the op. Aiden said your body fat had areas of massive inflammation, which is what the lumps were. He didn't know what caused it, we are still waiting to find out. If it is something I could have prevented, I'll never forgive myself sweetie; I would give anything on this earth to have you back here with me right now.

Honey bun, Honey-Pie, sweetie, you were so special, so perfect so beautiful, I love you so so much, I still can't believe you're not here anymore :cry: you were only 2 and had so much more living to do. Olly is lost without you :cry: Daddy misses you so much too, you were his little girl aswell :cry: I hope you are binkying over the rainbow sweetheart, and I hope you find Minnie to play with, she will look after you :love: I hope we will all be together again one day. Just know that you were the most loved, the most cherished bunny on this earth, and I'll love and miss you forever xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
RIP Honey-Pie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lovely tribute to a gorgeous bun, hope you're doing alright hun, been thinking of you xxxx

Binky free sweet Honey xxxx

:cry: my heart breaks for you. i know how much you loved honey. :cry:

sleep tight beautiful honey, have fun at the bridge. xxx

What a beautiful bunny Honey was!! And so so so loved and cherished.:love::love:

Life can be so unfair at times... Im so sorry :cry::cry:

Binky free little Honey pie, till you meet your mommy and daddy again, reunited forever.:love:

I'm in tears :cry: You tried so hard to save her. I'm so sorry :cry: They're amazing photos to remember her by. Binky free beautiful Honey xx

Such a beautiful tribute and such a gorgeous bun. She would have known how much you loved and cherished her, and how hard you fought to save her. It is so hard when they leave us at such a young age, but you did your best for her.

Sleep tight little one xx

I'm at a loss for words, such a sad but loving tribute :cry::cry::cry:
I'm so very sorry. Honey was, and is, such a sweet and beautiful bun.
Binky free, precious Honey. You are so deeply missed and will always be remembered with love. A wee golden angel, watch over your Mum and Olly. xxxx

My heart is breaking for you - such a beautiful tribute.

Honey was such a gorgeous little girl and it's so sad that she had to leave you so young.

Sweet dreams Honey and lots and lots of hugs for you and Olly xxxx

Thank you for posting, i know you all posted on Honey's original thread so i really appreciate it, it does help a lot having people here who understand x

So many lovely photos of your precious little Honey. Her life may have been too short, but she was very much loved.

Binky free Honey, thinking of your Mummy, Daddy and Olly at this sad time. xxx

:cry::cry:

Such a lovely tribute for a gorgeous bunny; it's so obvious how loved she was and how much she will be missed. Huge hugs. xx

Sleep tight Honey. x

Back