• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Polka always seems like she's starving...

courtneydayle

Alpha Buck
but she gets plenty of food and her belly is always full. I feed them pellets which they have access too all the time and two or three handfuls of hay in the morning then I top it off at night. So they've always got food. Then they get fruits and veggies as well. Anyone else's rabbits seem to act like this?

Bunnies always act like they're starving. My three are currently begging for pellets even though they had some a couple of hours ago! Their tummies are designed to graze so they will always want food.

How old are the now? They could probably come off unlimited pellets now.

Bunnies always act like they're starving. My three are currently begging for pellets even though they had some a couple of hours ago! Their tummies are designed to graze so they will always want food.

How old are the now? They could probably come off unlimited pellets now.

Bandana is 3 months and one week, Polka is 3 months and 2 days and I think Jazz is around 3 months... Not sure exactly on him.

My Pete always seems starving! In the morning I'm sure he hears the patio door opening and he's already doing laps of the hutch, with the occasional thump :shock: Its predictable now! I am then lucky to get the pellets poured into his bowl before he has his head wedged in the cup I use to carry them from the kitchen :lol:. He does the same again in the evening when I bring him some veg / herbs. I never get it all into his bowl, he always manages to steal something off the plate :lol:. He does have unlimited hay, which he eats well, so its not as if he is starving!!

All of mine act like that! :lol:

Mine get pellets am (and pm now thats is much colder), large handful of forage each at lunch time and tyen in the evening they get a handful of veg/herbs per pair and obviously unlimited hay :)

Last edited:
mine have...
hay round the clock - never let them be without it.
limited veg/herbs - i provide these morning and evening
very rare fruit or starchy veg like carrot - a little as once a week treat
nuggets - yours are babies so they'll need plenty to grow. mine are older adults so they only get a few.

my bunnies don't act as if they're starving but they do get very excited about food!

Freddie and daphne hear me coming and run round each other in circles til I put their pellets in their bowl. They look like a puppy chasing its tail! At the moment they are getting through 2 cat sized piles of hay a day so they are far from starving!

Back