• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny-proofing in the house

LPie

New Kit
Thought I would share a couple of ideas I've found that work in the house, just to give people inspiration if they need it:

Buddy used to chew the corner of the settee constantly, and he wasn't at all interested in this toy. So rather than it going to waste, I wedged it to his favourite corner of the settee, and he soon lost interest!
ball.jpg

I use sheets of perspex as a barrier to stop them getting to wires. It's great because you can't tell it's there. Here I have slotted it behind the TV stand and put all the wires behind it.
CIMG0051.jpg

..and here I have slotted it behind a shelving unit, and draped wires over the top of it
CIMG0050.jpg

Finally, I use these wire tidies that I got from ASDA for my laptop wires, as there's not really anyway I can tuck those wires away:
wire.jpg

Hope someone finds some of this helpful, and any tips from others would be happily welcomed :D

I have an outdoor bun so your tips are wasted on me:( But fab your sharing for those with indoor buns:thumb: I love inspiration for all aspects and search forums for it so its nice to see you sharing:D

Oh blimey bunny proofing :roll:

Thus far Thor and Loki have completely ignored the wires they have come across, and we mostly screen them off. There is one that we can't screen off, it's a really long TV aerial that leads from the main one in the living room to my house mates bedroom. It goes under the door so is in a very awkward place and as we walk over it the wire protectors would prob just trip us up.

I love the perspex idea. I remember spending a fortune on a new solid TV table that bunny couldn't get through, so he sat on the DVD shelf and peed on it instead!!!

Great ideas!

We are currently rabbit proofing after our tv turned itself off the other day... Lol.

We got those things from Asda but in Tesco. Just going to try tonight! We also got a red tube for putting wires underground which might come into the equation somewhere!

In fact, big offer on those things at tesco. In the catalogue, on sale for £0.81! Seriously, they had the exact same product in the store in a different packaging for over £6!!! Unbelievable. We bought 10 packs haha!

Back