• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

35 gorgeous bunnies in need of rescue space or forever homes- photos- before 15th Apr

We have had a call today from a lady who has a month to remove the rabbits from her council house.

She currently is based in Leeds and has 15 in total- some babies.

If any rescue or sanctuary can help with any of these please contact rehome@greenleafanimalrescue.org.uk

We are full and are not in a position to take on further foster carers at this time other than those we have agreed to already.

None of the rabbits are neutered or vaccinated and some are at breeding age.

Photos below.

Updated the total to 35. All now found spaces and rescue placements with the last 2 being neutered by ourselves to prevent any further unwanted litters.

Last edited:
I can't take any myself and Celia at Kirkby rescue is over-full and has bunnies waiting to come in, but I am more than willing to help with bunnyruns if any of the buns need to come southwards. I'm in north Notts, about 75 mins drive from Leeds.

Here are the photos the lady has sent me of the bunnies. We have said we will assist with advertising and rehoming her bunnies- although we are not in a position to take them in at the moment. If anyone is interested in rehoming or assisting in providing rescue space for these bunnies- please get in touch. We have been told the females are not pregnant but they will need to be vet checked.

pLqFWl.jpg
Domino- Male

X5DkNl.jpg
Tammy- Female(rehomed)

LiTqUl.jpg
- Charlie- Female (rehomed)

vZjnYl.jpg
Poppy- female- blind in one eye (rehomed)

FasA3l.jpg
snowy- male (rehomed)

31256l.jpg
shadow- male(rehomed)

xRINOl.jpg
-charlie-male (rehomed)

t590Yl.jpg
- tiny- female (mother to babies below)

9VIS7l.jpg
-baby1-sex unknown

bKQvTl.jpg
baby2- sex unknown

PMJo9l.jpg
baby3 - sex unknown

Ec6ISl.jpg
bouncer- female (rescue space secured)

9W0O4l.jpg
- nibbles- male

veAlbl.jpg
-Alfie- male

K8SWwl.jpg
-Bonnie -female (rehomed)

Last edited:
They look adorable.

I could foster but I daren't take on any more buns until my finances have sorted themselves out and I don't have a rescue near me I can foster for:cry:

I do have a friend whose house bun died recently. I will print off the photos and show her as I know she is considering another bun but is still grieving for Duke. I think he was seven or eight and had an inoperable tumour:( He had a fantastic home.

Disgusting. :cry:

I do hope that they can be found rescue spaces. Am I right to assume that if they are not gone by 15 April they will be pts, meaning this is an urgent situation :cry:

I was told they want them "gone" by the 15th April.

I'm not sure what the outcome would be for them if they can't be found rescue placements :( One of the bunnies "Charlie" is being kept by their sister. All we can do is pass on the details of other organizations to contact. The problem being that most rescues are full at the moment.

~Jane

poor things :cry:
some look a bit scraggy which could be due to them being kept in such poor conditions..but as one of the babies has a fault in it's eye , I would advise anyone taking these not only to quarantine but panacur for 28 days too.

hope they can be helped

Thanks - hoping so. They are all such lovely bunnies.

Our fundraising operation has just started this week in Yorkshire, so with any luck we will be able to raise funds to take in some more bunnies. We have the space and foster carers available. It's just a matter of being able to cover the huge vet bills we keep getting.

As Jill mentioned- quarantine, 28 day panacur, as well as neutering and vaccinations and a full vet check will be needed for all these bunnies. It's hard to see what health conditions they are in from the photos.

I would so adopt one of the females for Lucky however I've promised myself to only adopt a female from my local rescue. This is because they helped me re home Jack and I really have to repay the favour :(

I have a hutch and run setup for Lucky which is still brand new, he's not been inside it yet. We're waiting for his partner to arrive after 3 days of bonding with the rescue -when ever that will be.
And I have a really strong 4x3 ft hutch. Where one of the rabbit could be housed.

2 setups :(

However I don't think my parents would be ok with it. :cry:

They look adorable.

I could foster but I daren't take on any more buns until my finances have sorted themselves out and I don't have a rescue near me I can foster for:cry:

I do have a friend whose house bun died recently. I will print off the photos and show her as I know she is considering another bun but is still grieving for Duke. I think he was seven or eight and had an inoperable tumour:( He had a fantastic home.

Thankyou for passing on our details.

Back