• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

35 gorgeous bunnies in need of rescue space or forever homes- photos- before 15th Apr

Thanks - hoping so. They are all such lovely bunnies.

Our fundraising operation has just started this week in Yorkshire, so with any luck we will be able to raise funds to take in some more bunnies. We have the space and foster carers available. It's just a matter of being able to cover the huge vet bills we keep getting.

As Jill mentioned- quarantine, 28 day panacur, as well as neutering and vaccinations and a full vet check will be needed for all these bunnies. It's hard to see what health conditions they are in from the photos.

Just an update on this situation. I've realised from looking on Rabbit Rehome that a home in Leeds that Mick and Sue from Sue's Rabbit Rescue in Dewsbury attended earlier today is the home where these rabbits are. The situation really is desperate. From the description the cage Shadow is photographed in could be pretty typical, they are living in cramped and dirty conditions. They removed one thin rabbit who needed fairly intensive care but the others desperately need to be got out of there. I'm sure there will be a more comprehensive update in due course as I'm just passing on info from a conversation, I'm not actually involved.

:cry::cry: Some of those beautiful bunnies are scarily like Tinky and it's how her life started out. :cry:

Oh and there's more than 12 - possibly more than 16:(

Last edited:
I'll check with James. 3 have been homed now so far. Thanks for the info regarding Mick and Sues involvement. The more they can find homes for the better.

We will continue with advertising in our area on James behalf.

We have possibly 5 spaces with another rescue on here depending on whether roly stone horse sanctuary still need the buns there collecting. There are 15 buns in total. I got the count wrong as i didn't include the 3 babies.

~Jane

Im going to apply for this..(see link below)
http://www.neuteringanimalsinsefton.org.uk/index.php/home/
If they will accept my application (I will ask for 2 spays/nueters) Then if the buns can somehow get to me, I'll take in a couple of young'uns/babies, and get them seen to. With Marge and Benjamins needs being so high, I doubt (at the moment) I'd be able to keep them. however I can foster them until a permanent home is found, and I'd also contact Freshfields who I got Marge from, and ask them if they could help me regarding rehoming.

EDIT: Have emailed them now and applied for consideration for the scheme. Will let you know.

Last edited:
Im going to apply for this..(see link below)
http://www.neuteringanimalsinsefton.org.uk/index.php/home/
If they will accept my application (I will ask for 2 spays/nueters) Then if the buns can somehow get to me, I'll take in a couple of young'uns/babies, and get them seen to. With Marge and Benjamins needs being so high, I doubt (at the moment) I'd be able to keep them. however I can foster them until a permanent home is found, and I'd also contact Freshfields who I got Marge from, and ask them if they could help me regarding rehoming.

EDIT: Have emailed them now and applied for consideration for the scheme. Will let you know.

Thankyou ever so much. I may be able to sort out them being picked up and taken to Liverpool as we know someone who makes the journey regularly. I'll check.

That would be wonderful if you are able to take a couple of the babies.
~Jane

Thankyou ever so much. I may be able to sort out them being picked up and taken to Liverpool as we know someone who makes the journey regularly. I'll check.

That would be wonderful if you are able to take a couple of the babies.
~Jane

Lets keep our fingers crossed :) And believe me, I'd be a cow and a half when it came to rehoming :D Vet refs to prove good animal care history and homecheck plus 'drop-in check' afterwards. I'd do all I could to ensure their long term welfare, you have my word on that.

Lets keep our fingers crossed :) And believe me, I'd be a cow and a half when it came to rehoming :D Vet refs to prove good animal care history and homecheck plus 'drop-in check' afterwards. I'd do all I could to ensure their long term welfare, you have my word on that.

Thanks thats great.

Just to add- I've emailed Mick and Sue who can hopefully add their offer of help to this thread. As far as i'm aware they are offering neutering through their own vets in Dewsbury if anyone more locally would like to help.

We will also offer neutering assistance on our account through our vets in Bradford if this is of help to anyone.

Are there any old boys there over 5 years old?
Hi, not sure that there are any that are 5 years old, think oldest male is 4, most are young but a couple are 2-3. Mostly females needing homes. We have rehomed Shadow yesterday and taken the cream coloured baby (12 weeeks old called Bouncer) they told us she was losing weight she really is a bag of bones. The conditions are horrendous, multiple rabbits in tiny cages and they told us yesterday they have a month to rehome them. Am determined to do what we can to help, but as with everyone else we are full at the moment. Please if anyone can foster a pair or two please PM us or Greenleaf to arrange things.

I'll check with James. 3 have been homed now so far. Thanks for the info regarding Mick and Sues involvement. The more they can find homes for the better.

We will continue with advertising in our area on James behalf.

We have possibly 5 spaces with another rescue on here depending on whether roly stone horse sanctuary still need the buns there collecting. There are 15 buns in total. I got the count wrong as i didn't include the 3 babies.

~Jane

That's me, so I should probably join in this thread instead of lurking! :lol:

I can go over today and collect some of the buns xx

That's me, so I should probably join in this thread instead of lurking! :lol:

I can go over today and collect some of the buns xx

If you go over today and take some, can I suggest you take Poppy and the 3 daughters they are in the smallest cage I have ever seen, Lucky is also next to them in a similar cage, I suspect these are the biggest bunnies as I believe a lot of the others are still quite young (12 weeks or so). It's great tpo know something is happening
!

Great Thankyou- If you could collect at 4pm today that would be great. I'm just emailing you her postcode and phone number.

Missed this post! That explains why she said 4pm! No problem.

If you go over today and take some, can I suggest you take Poppy and the 3 daughters they are in the smallest cage I have ever seen, Lucky is also next to them in a similar cage, I suspect these are the biggest bunnies as I believe a lot of the others are still quite young (12 weeks or so). It's great tpo know something is happening
!

OK, I will do. I hope I can cope with leaving some buns behind... :cry:

Hi, not sure that there are any that are 5 years old, think oldest male is 4, most are young but a couple are 2-3. Mostly females needing homes. We have rehomed Shadow yesterday and taken the cream coloured baby (12 weeeks old called Bouncer) they told us she was losing weight she really is a bag of bones. The conditions are horrendous, multiple rabbits in tiny cages and they told us yesterday they have a month to rehome them. Am determined to do what we can to help, but as with everyone else we are full at the moment. Please if anyone can foster a pair or two please PM us or Greenleaf to arrange things.

I'm maybe a bit far away to take one anyway, thanks for letting me know though.

Missed this post! That explains why she said 4pm! No problem.

OK, I will do. I hope I can cope with leaving some buns behind... :cry:

Thanks Helen,

Yes forgot to mention 4pm in the email to you. So she may have seemed confused if you asked her a time.

I've just spoken to Mick at Sues Rabbit Rescue- If you could take the ones above- that would be great!
Any problems give me a call on the mobile.

Thanks,
~Jane

Just had an update from Mick (Sue's Rabbit Rescue) on the situation overall. Not good :cry::cry:

They were originally contacted re "ten" rabbits, which then became 16, but there are new names and descriptions being mentioned that weren't part of the 'original' 16, best guess at the moment is it's more like 25 - 30.:cry::cry: They were from a 'couple' of accidental litters but from ages and family trees it looks like minimum of five 'accidental' litters :? :?

I'm sure Helen will be able to feed back on what she's seen when he gets chance but despite the assurance that 'none of the females could be pregnant' the one (one of the?) rabbit(s) Helen collected today (Lucky) had given birth this morning. It's likely that nearly all of the rabbits left there are not yet at breeding age which at least is a blessing. Thank God the council took action as this is a ticking time bomb, given another three months .......:cry::cry::cry:

:wave: Are you back yet, Helen?

How did it go?

Just sat down, all buns settled in.

I took 3 males and 3 females, plus 6 babies born today :cry: The mother and babies were in a filthy hamster cage.

Couldn't get Poppy and the babies, someone is collecting them this evening apparently. :?

There are still 13 rabbits that need homes, that's not including Poppy and her babies.

I took all the males I could, but I expect all the females are probably pregnant.

I have Lucky, Smokey, Bronte, Sweep, Smudge and Fudge. Lucky is the one that gave birth today. Smudge and Fudge were supposed to be sisters, but one is a male.

:cry:

Back