• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quad bonding update day 10

Just thought I'd do a quick update as I am now on day 10 have just expanded their area to about 6 and a half feet by 6 and a half feet. I have also downsized the litter tray from the sand pit, to a large indoor cage base. Bugsy is now about 75% OK with pebbles - the only times he pulls fur is feeding time and if Pebbles moves too fast past Bugsy. So I have removed bowls for pellets and returned to scattering a handful of pellets during the day - though not sure how that'll work during the day when I go back to work!

(n.b I can't remove pellets all together, as Pebbles was the one that wouldn't eat hay and ended up needing a dental when I reduced his pellets down. Since increasing his pellets, he hasn't needed another dental and now eats some hay and grass)

So here is latest photo:

DSCF2390.jpg

Thanks! I've just bought a runner for them to go over the laminate as the do tend to slip and slide when they run on it - it matches the mat that the water bowl is on!! Hopefully in a few days I can expand the area a little more - it doesn't seem to bother them each time I have added a bit extra space, but I'm still not going to rush it, just to be on the safe side. I could probably downsize the litter tray slowly, but again, I don't want to change the size too quickly just in case it causes problems.

Back