• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A tribute to my beautiful Brody bun

luvabun

Warren Veteran
who went to the Bridge today, 15th May and has left a huge hole in my heart :cry:

To start Brodys story we have to go to 21st Feb 2002 when I bought Totti from the pet section of a DIY chain. I didn't know anything about keeping them and did the research after I got him. So he was a solitary bunny for nearly 1 1/2 years. I did the research so looked for a friend and went to the RSPCA where I saw bunny 311 Bea. In her hutch there were piles of sloppy poos and I asked if this was normal.. to be told, yes. I asked how easy was it bond them.. .to be told that all I had to do was mix the bedding a few times then they would accept each other. So "Bea" came home with me. I renamed her Brody as she had a little punk hairdo so was named after the lead singer in the punk band, The Distillers. Her pooey bum did not improve and I had to give her frequent butt baths :( . It did not seem fair to inflict her mess on Tottis pristine white fur plus I tried them once together in the garden and the outcome was horrendous...fur flying everywhere. So they remained apart and when my brother and I went on holiday in Nov 2004, they went to board with Adele. Adele cleared up Brodys pooey bum problem and felt that they were ready to be together... so one week of very stressful bonding followed (and a lot of the old timer's on here lived every moment with me and felt my pain :oops: ). The result was a bonded pair that have been described as being "joined at the hip". They have both had their share of illnesses and have to go into bunny hospital together to comfort the poorly one. They have boarded at Greenfields when I've been on hols and Lorna nicknamed them "The Shaggamuffins" .... I think that's fairly self explanatory what they used to get up to. Except when one was poorly, the other would lay off the humping.....

Brody was a stray so her age was estimated at 1 1/2 - 2 years..... which would have put her at the same age as Totts..... I'm not convinced. She was diagnosed with spinal arthritis a few years ago and has gradually deteriorated ever since :( . A very specific litter tray regime was needed to keep her bum dry as she was finding it increasingly difficult to position herself properly to wee :( . Later bouts of statis and weight loss led a different Vet to think that these may be related to teeth issues which appear in old age. She was on Metacam daily and at the time of her passing, her back paws were forward of her front paws and she was badly soiled (she was so skinny, washing her bum was difficult as I couldn't rub the fur as there was no muscle there, just bone) :cry::cry: Despite her ailments, she lived life to the full and the day before she passed way, was in a pot eating the goodies planted for them... when she jumped out of the pot she fell on her back and couldn't right herself.... that was heartbreaking :cry: ... she had so much spirit.

Here's some photos of this wonderful, spirited punk bunny thorughout her time with me and Totts........

First tentative meeting
c28b7adb.jpg

joined at the hip, enjoying the garden
bunnies038.jpg

a potty bunny
DSC00816.jpg

totally loved up
2007_0206aaa0020.jpg

:love:
2007_0227aaa0024.jpg

showing off her dribbling skills

roses are good!!
fleurs002.jpg

loved her hay
3628a3f1.jpg

anyone who's got this basket will realsie how tiny she's become
2bc9587d.jpg

and my last pic of her... cheeky to the end :(
aaaa047.jpg

Binky free Brody bun... meet up with Molls and Rusty and have a great old girly bun time at the Bridge... Mum loves you all so very much

awwwww i remember looking at that last pic the other day and thinking she was sooo beautiful. it is obvious that you loved her so much and she will take all those happy memories with her to the Bridge.

Binky Free Brody Bun x x x

I'm so so very sorry Jill, I'm now in pieces myself and I only meet them for the first time 5 weeks ago and my goodness they stole my heart.:cry::cry::cry:

She was a very special bunny who was dearly loved by all that meet her.

Huge hugs Jill to both you and Totti I can't imagine how your both feeling.

Have fun at the bridge Brody bunny say hello to all my dearly loved ones and don't take any grumpiness from Hugo. You and Miss Molly have my full permission to gang up on him.

Back