• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zebedee, stray rabbit *Update post 52 - :'( he's gone*

Excellent news. :D

Sorry to hear about the hermaphrodite complication though, all the ones I've come across on the forum have had other health issues:(

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts today. We got on quite well :) Marie was brilliant with Zebedee. We now have eye drops to reduce the pressure in his eyes and Marie would like to see him back next week to see if the drops have helped. Marie feels operating is an option at a later date (maybe in around a months time). We need to see how Zebedee progresses first. We do think he is potentially a wildie cross, and he is probably so easy to handle because of his lack of/none existant eye sight. We also have the added complication that Zebedee is potentially a hermaphrodite.

I do feel Marie gave us more opions for Zebedees future, we now need to decide what will be best for him in the long run. And though all this, i need to remember not to get attached :love:

Fantastic news, I am so glad Marie has offered you some hope for Zebedee xx

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts today. We got on quite well :) Marie was brilliant with Zebedee. We now have eye drops to reduce the pressure in his eyes and Marie would like to see him back next week to see if the drops have helped. Marie feels operating is an option at a later date (maybe in around a months time). We need to see how Zebedee progresses first. We do think he is potentially a wildie cross, and he is probably so easy to handle because of his lack of/none existant eye sight. We also have the added complication that Zebedee is potentially a hermaphrodite.

I do feel Marie gave us more opions for Zebedees future, we now need to decide what will be best for him in the long run. And though all this, i need to remember not to get attached :love:

Thats much more positive news :D It would be great if the op can be delayed until he or she! has the chance to grow a little more. Fingers crossed that the eye drops do their job and that you don't get too attached, yeah right...... ;) :lol:

Thats much more positive news :D It would be great if the op can be delayed until he or she! has the chance to grow a little more. Fingers crossed that the eye drops do their job and that you don't get too attached, yeah right...... ;) :lol:

Although he is an absolute sweetheart, i know we can't keep him :( It's not our own animals that are the issue, its all the extras we end up with in the meantime (bunnies, cats, kittens etc!), who generally need so much more care, which means our own bunnies generally only get the basic care/attention :( He needs a special home ;) Isn't it funny how he arrived the day our last 2 special bunnies came to you. I think i was without a special bun for about 2 hours.

Although he is an absolute sweetheart, i know we can't keep him :( It's not our own animals that are the issue, its all the extras we end up with in the meantime (bunnies, cats, kittens etc!), who generally need so much more care, which means our own bunnies generally only get the basic care/attention :( He needs a special home ;) Isn't it funny how he arrived the day our last 2 special bunnies came to you. I think i was without a special bun for about 2 hours.

Keep me posted on his progress and what sort of home he will be needing in the future ;)

We have a follow up appointment with Marie tomorrow. I am so worried, Zebedee's eyes haven't improved, infact, i would go as far as saying they have got worse :cry: Please keep us in your thoughts tomorrow.

We have a follow up appointment with Marie tomorrow. I am so worried, Zebedee's eyes haven't improved, infact, i would go as far as saying they have got worse :cry: Please keep us in your thoughts tomorrow.

Oh I am sorry to hear this :cry: There are other drops that can be used to try to reduce intraocular pressure so maybe Marie might suggest trying them

Lots more vibes being sent :love:

Zebedee has gone :cry::cry:
Zebedee had gone downhill the last week or so, no food, apart from hay/grass was agreeing with him, he had lost 1/4 of his body weight. His eyes had worsened and he was clearly in pain. We didn't get to see Marie, but we saw Toby, another excellent exotics vet at Manor Vets. Toby said that although we could try further treatment, Zebedees quality of life was very low. I've not seen him run around or binky for a while now. Zeby was clearly in pain even though he was on a high dose of metacam. Zeby was becoming difficult to handle, he knew what was going to happen every time he was lifted from the cage, he was clearly very stressed. We made the kindest decision to let Zeby go.

Sleep tight Zeby, I loved u so much :cry:

Awww very sorry for you :cry: You gave him the best chance possible though but he must have been just too poorly. Have fun at the bridge Zeb x

Back